Translation of purple in Spanish:
- 1.1 (bluish)(reddish) púrpurahe turned purple with ragese puso lívido de iraExample sentences1.2 (overwritten)
- Greens and reds are typically caused by oxygen, while purple and blue colours are caused by nitrogen.
- We pass through pretty forests of birch and pine trees, moss covered rocks and a haze of blue and purple flowers.
- She went back, and found another skirt, with a blue and purple flower imprint.
- (bluish)(reddish) púrpura (masculine)to be raised to the purple [literary]recibir la púrpura cardenalicia [literary]
ser elevado al purpurado [literary]Example sentences
- The flames ate hungrily, and erupted into strange hues of purples and blues.
- At the top of the stems there are tightly packed bracts of rich blues and purples surrounding clusters of purple-blue flowers in late spring and summer.
- The emerging colour scheme in my garden is purples, silvers and blues.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.