- [existence] sin sentido, sin un norte; [violence] gratuitoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Insomnia, Nolan's entrance into major studio film-making, was an empty and purposeless work, again, nearly all posturing.
- It is true that I despise purposeless killing, and regard it as an act of vandalism deserving the severest condemnation.
- In the past two months I have kicked smoking, hopefully for good, redefined my the meaning of my existence fit a new purposeless endeavour, now I need another distraction.
- With such a meaningless and purposeless outlook on life - no wonder Johnny, given certain background inclinations and pressures, sometimes sees nothing wrong in deciding to shoot his fellow students.
- This, for those who have embraced his philosophy, and that is most of our contemporaries, makes the world and human life meaningless and purposeless.
- An alienated and fearful public is the flip side of an isolated and purposeless elite.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.