Translation of purr in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- ronronear her Bentley purred up the drive su Bentley entró con apenas un susurro del motorExample sentences
- The car zoomed up behind Jack's BMW, its engine purring and the bright sun reflecting off its red chassis.
- He started the car, and drove off, into the horizon, his car engine purring like a happy kitten.
- Gwen pulled to a stop in front of the Browning mansion, the Benz's engine purring softly under the shiny silver hood.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- susurrar, decir* en un arrullo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.