Translation of queen in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (monarch) reina (feminine) Queen Elizabeth la reina Isabel she was queen to Charles III era la esposa del rey Carlos IIIExample sentences1.2 (in beauty contest) reina (feminine)
Example sentences1.3 (leading example) reina (feminine) the queen of roses la reina de las rosas
- She became a queen and gave birth to a future queen, and in the process became beloved by the British people.
- Only 30% favour having a king or queen who inherits the position for life.
- In the 1840s, the Ardverikie Estate was leased by the Duke of Abercorn, a senior aide to Prince Albert, the queen's husband.
Example sentences1.4 [Zoology/Zoología] reina (feminine)
- Jill's post about this, and her analogy to the unpopular girl winning homecoming queen, made me want to go and vote.
- Two vintage cars, owned by Mr Mchugh, carried the carnival queen and the mayor.
- Leanne has had her heart set on becoming the carnival queen for a number of years and was really delighted.
- Sunday was family day and the best-dressed lady was selected from the many queens of fashion that paraded the latest styles throughout the course.
- In the studio the Eastenders cast will get makeovers from fashion queens Trinny and Susannah as part of a What Not To Wear special.
- Also, since you've been called the queen of fantasy romance, i could use any pointers you have!
- We present data on reproductive partitioning among queens in the ant Leptothorax rugatulus with special emphasis on relatedness and body size.
- Mound densities were 33 percent less in sites with the parasitic ant, and the number of fire ant queens was 47 percent less in parasitized colonies.
- But in an unusual role reversal, paper wasp queens beg their young for a meal.
- Mousers left their prey, elder toms left their warm places by the fire, kittens left their meals, queens grabbed a kitten from their nest, and they all ran to the woods.
- 2 (in chess, cards) reina (feminine)Example sentences
- As far as movement, he's as versatile as the queen piece on a chess board.
- On move 20, the two players liquidated their queens and after swapping pieces in the next 10 moves, they were almost in a balanced position.
- After the queens came off on move 40, Korchnoi was left with 6 pawns to Galliamova's knight and 2 soldiers.
- You should generally try to avoid playing aces, kings, queens and jacks except when capturing or building with them.
- A Kirby is often used when a player has many trumps, or cards above the value of queens (kings and Aces).
- The object is to take tricks containing aces, 10s, kings, queens and jacks.
- 3 (male homosexual) [slang/argot] loca (feminine) [slang/argot], marica (masculine) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (in chess) [pawn] coronar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.