Translation of quickie in Spanish:
- [colloquial/familiar] uno rápido, una rápida just a quickie (question) solo una preguntita let's have a quickie (drink) tomémonos una copita (sex) echémonos un polvito [slang/argot] (before noun/delante del nombre) [divorce] rápidoExample sentences
- Let the last word rest with the Italian ambassador, Luigi Amaduzzi: ‘I asked the barmaid for a quickie.’
- However during the first half I had to nip to the loo twice and on each journey I slugged another quickie of Rioja down.
- Just a quickie tonight - I think it's only right and respectful on Australia Day to crack open a can of Fosters and celebrate with our friends on the other side of the world!
- Taking time means that while quickies are fun, really satisfying sex lasts a lot longer than 15 minutes.
- Mary is undeterred; if she can't have sex with him, then she'll just have a quickie, damn it: she goes for his pants and he squeals like a girl - or like I do when Anne asks me if I know how horses eat grass.
- Another magazine article revealed that when women want to have a fling they will pick a tall, dark and handsome type, thinking that guy doesn't want commitment because of this apparent statistic and therefore worth a quickie.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...