Translation of radius in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural radiuses or , radii /-diaɪ/)
- 1 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] radio (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (area) radio (masculine) within a mile radius en un radio de una milla
- Thus, the area of a circle is equal to half of the product of the radius and the circumference.
- He calculates the side of a regular pentagon in terms of the radius of the circumscribed circle.
- Recall that given a circle of radius r, the circumference is 2pr.
- It seems sensible to find somewhere with no population centres within a two-mile radius - like offshore.
- The department has acquired legal powers to close all footpaths within a two-mile radius of any free-range poultry farms.
- Teams divided into four groups, combing through a two-mile radius searching for any clue of what might have happened.
- 2 (bone) radio (masculine)Example sentences
- Common osteoporotic fracture sites include the vertebrae, the hip, the distal radius of the forearm, and the proximal humerus.
- Scaphoid fractures are rare children and the elderly because of the relative weakness of the distal radius compared with the scaphoid in these age groups.
- Abduction is movement of the hand away from the body as the proximal carpal bones move medially on the radius.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas