Translation of raid in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Military)Example sentences1.2
also: air raidbombardeo (masculine) aéreo1.3 (by thieves)
- Both the Central Powers and the Allies used aircraft on strategic bombing raids, targeting enemy industries and to a lesser extent enemy civilians.
- Niven had volunteered for a secret military commando unit making raids on the enemy coastline.
- It is primarily employed in close air support of ground troops, target destruction raids, and armed escort of other aircraft.
ataque (masculine) aéreoExample sentences1.4 (by police)
- The works were stolen in an early-morning raid on April 20, when the thieves broke into the Brücke-Museum.
- The trio inside were heading home to Leeds with their loot from a smash-and-grab raid on a York computer business.
- Hundreds of DVDs, CDs and PlayStation games were stolen in the biggest raid on a west Wiltshire library in 20 years, with police at a loss to explain how the burglars got in.
allanamiento (masculine) (Latin America)
razzia (feminine) (Southern Cone)Example sentences
- An Algerian asylum seeker arrested in Bury during police raids on terrorist suspects has been jailed for six months for using a false passport.
- Lunchtime shoppers gazed in astonishment as police launched a full-scale raid on a suspected drug pusher operating from York city centre.
- A relative of one of the suspected bombers was arrested following police raids of six homes in Leeds, West Yorkshire, and two cars were seized.
- 1.1 (Military) 1.2 they raided the refrigerator [humorous]tomaron por asalto el refrigerador [humorous]Example sentences
- A gang of thieves raided Brickens Post Office at lunch time last Thursday afternoon.
- Police officers have raided homes in Bradford in a high-profile operation.
- This is the haul of drugs seized when 25 police officers raided a Highworth pub.
(police)1.4 (steal, poach)
- Those who don't have their own will raid the store room for tartan shirts to make into kilts.
- If they are not physically attacking them, they are raiding fields for food.
- Alternatively, please everyone and raid your room mini bar as you watch the Pattaya Mail Channel's latest features.
hacer una redada en
allanar (Latin America)(American English) (personnel/executives)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.