- 1 (creator of rain) hacedor, (masculine, feminine) de lluviaMore example sentences
- There's not all that much to love about rainy days unless you're a droughty farmer or rainmaker, but we're neither, yet we love rainy days and get lots of them.
- The region was in the grip of a fearful drought and since news of my recent success as a rainmaker had reached them, they wanted me to go there and perform my magical rain dance.
- I suggest they position a Sioux rainmaker at every track to ensure a good downpour during the race.
- 2 (in business) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], triunfador, (masculine, feminine) ([ en los negocios ])More example sentences
- Senior rainmakers with proven client relationships are getting $5 million to $6 million.
- He provided a dashing can-do military figure for the customers, a rainmaker who helped land the deals.
- He is happy to be the catalyst, the firestarter, the rainmaker, to agitate and organise, then retreat back to the kitchen, the office and the television studio.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.