Translation of rainmaker in Spanish:
- 1 (creator of rain)Example sentences
- There's not all that much to love about rainy days unless you're a droughty farmer or rainmaker, but we're neither, yet we love rainy days and get lots of them.
- The region was in the grip of a fearful drought and since news of my recent success as a rainmaker had reached them, they wanted me to go there and perform my magical rain dance.
- I suggest they position a Sioux rainmaker at every track to ensure a good downpour during the race.
- 2 (in business)(American English) [colloquial]triunfador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(en los negocios)Example sentences
- Senior rainmakers with proven client relationships are getting $5 million to $6 million.
- He provided a dashing can-do military figure for the customers, a rainmaker who helped land the deals.
- He is happy to be the catalyst, the firestarter, the rainmaker, to agitate and organise, then retreat back to the kitchen, the office and the television studio.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.