Translation of random in Spanish:
- 1.1 [testing/choice] al azar; [shot] hecho al azar; [bullet] perdido; [sample] aleatorio, seleccionado al azar random sample muestra (feminine) aleatoria random sampling muestreo (masculine) aleatorioExample sentences
Example sentences1.2at random (as adverb/como adverbio) al azar to hit out at random dar* golpes a diestra y siniestra or (Spain/España) a diestro y siniestro
- What is now required is to go beyond looking at what happened as a random event.
- We don't want a list of random facts that just happen to be true of all the languages that are spoken now.
- He becomes the victim of random violence, and is beaten to death by street thugs.
- The four conditions occurred in a random order and with equal probability within each block of trials.
- Results are based on statistically valid random samples of members and are rigorously audited.
- This has made the whole process of ensuring a random sample more difficult.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas