Translation of random in Spanish:
- 1.1 [testing/choice] al azar; [shot] hecho al azar; [bullet] perdido; [sample] aleatorio, seleccionado al azar random sample muestra (feminine) aleatoria random sampling muestreo (masculine) aleatorioExample sentences
Example sentences1.2at random (as adverb/como adverbio) al azar to hit out at random dar* golpes a diestra y siniestra or (Spain/España) a diestro y siniestro
- What is now required is to go beyond looking at what happened as a random event.
- We don't want a list of random facts that just happen to be true of all the languages that are spoken now.
- He becomes the victim of random violence, and is beaten to death by street thugs.
- The four conditions occurred in a random order and with equal probability within each block of trials.
- Results are based on statistically valid random samples of members and are rigorously audited.
- This has made the whole process of ensuring a random sample more difficult.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.