Translation of range in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (scope) it's beyond the range of my studyestá fuera del ámbito or del campo de mi estudiothe range of her knowledge was vastsus conocimientos eran amplísimosExample sentences1.2 (Music) he lacks range
tiene un registro muy limitadoExample sentences1.3 (bracket) if your income is within that range
- Few scientists can match the range, depth and scope of his biodiversity knowledge.
- Since then, she has gained a vast range of knowledge in all things equine.
- The play shows her range and ability as a serious actor.
si sus ingresos están dentro de esos límites or son de ese ordena house in the middle price rangeuna casa dentro de un nivel medio de preciosit's within/out of our price rangeestá dentro de/fuera de nuestras posibilidadeschildren in a given ability range
- The source of this parallel intoning of liturgical melody may be traced to the natural range of the human voice.
- For the most part, the vocal ranges are narrow and would be suitable for all voice parts.
- He has what is possibly one of the best male voices and ranges in the pop music world at the moment.
está dentro de/es más de lo que queremos gastarniños de un determinado nivel de aptitud
- 2 2.1 (variety) a wide range of colors/pricesuna amplia gama or una gran variedad de colores/preciosa wide range of possibilitiesun amplio abanico de posibilidadesI have a wide range of interestsmis intereses son múltiples y variadosit has a limited range of applicationssus usos son limitadosExample sentences2.2 (selection) our summer range is in the shops now (British English)
nuestra línea de verano está ya en los comercios
- The centre has a wide range of classes and activities to choose from for both adults and children.
- The new savings schemes will offer a range of different investment options.
- The bank can offer a full range of products, including trade finance, securities trading and foreign exchange.
- 3 3.1 (of gun) a range of 200mun alcance de 200mat close/long rangede cerca/lejosat pointblank range to come/be within rangeponerse/estar a tiroit was out of rangeestaba fuera del alcance del armaExample sentences3.2 (of vehicle, missile) the aircraft has a range of 4,000 miles
el aparato tiene una autonomía de 4.000 millaslong-range missilesmisiles (masculine plural) de largo alcanceExample sentences3.3 (sight, earshot) wait until he's within range
- The maximum range of those rockets was just over five miles.
- Correspondents say this is a substantial addition to the previously announced range of the country's missiles.
- The minimum and maximum ranges of the missile are 5km and 130 km.
espera hasta que esté lo suficientemente cerca y pueda ver/oír3.4 (Telecom) (mobile telephony) to be out of rangeestar fuera de coberturato be in rangetener coberturaExample sentences
- They warned that by 1948 increased enemy aircraft ranges would permit the extension of these attacks.
- The vehicle has a range of 214 miles with a maximum speed of 40mph.
- The truck's range is great, with the fuel light coming on at around 360 miles.
- Look for us calling in once we get back into radio range in a few days.
- Often truck convoys and support units were out of range of each other's radios.
- He was almost in radio range, but he decided to take a break at the Hangman's Pit.
- 4 (for shooting)Example sentences
- I want to buy a shotgun and start going to the range.
- This person has the title of ‘Field Captain’ and controls the shooting on the range.
- The gun club has some of the best target ranges in the world but has been forced to use a wartime prefab as an office and clubhouse.
- 5 (chain) a mountain rangeuna cordilleraa range of hills
una cadena de montañasuna sierraExample sentences
- Eastwards the ridge opened out in a series of bumps, dips and peaks, more like a small range of mountains than one single hill.
- By midafternoon they had reached the summit of the first range of mountains, and stopped to rest the horses.
- Ministers face legal action by a local authority for excluding a range of mountains from the Cairngorms National Park.
- 6 (stove)Example sentences
- The kitchen has an Aga range, wooden shelves and storage spaces throughout.
- They've installed oil-fired ranges and stoves.
- I remember clearly my mother's kitchen with a coal range and the hot water cylinder alongside with a tap on it for hot water.
- 7 7.1 (grazing land)Example sentences7.2 (Botany, Zoology)
zona (feminine) de distribución (donde se da una especie)Example sentences
- Ranchers have to be careful not to put too many cattle on these ranges because overgrazing can lead to erosion.
- Russian knapweed is a problem in ranges and pastures in the western United States, where it grows up to 4 feet tall and takes over otherwise productive land.
- The owner of the range sold out, but he bought new land to open a replacement range.
- The pine barrens of New Jersey is the northernmost range of 109 southern plant species.
- Another option is to look at creating corridors between protected lands as a way of expanding the animals' ranges.
- These routes used by migratory birds for passage between wintering and breeding ranges are called flyways.
- 1 (vary, extend)to range
fromsomething tosomethingtheir ages range from 12 to 20son de edades comprendidas entre los 12 y los 20 añosthe book ranges in time from the Middle Ages to the present day
tienen entre 12 y 20 años
sus edades oscilan entre los 12 y los 20 añosel libro abarca desde la Edad Media hasta nuestros días or comprende el período entre la Edad Media y nuestros díasestimates range up to $20,000hay presupuestos de hasta 20.000 dólaresthe conversation ranged over many topics oranged widelyla conversación abarcó muchos temasExample sentences
- The 115 residential units vary in size and in price level, ranging from about $750 to $1750 a month.
- Prices ranged from £25 for a proof of age card to £240 for a set of fake exam qualifications.
- Sample sizes of individual studies varied, ranging from 39 to 220, but tended to be larger than those used in previous work.
- The lines of people ranged all the way down the long hallway.
- Mellow lights appeared in the old white villas ranged along the beach.
- A curvy center corridor links the public rooms that range along Apollon Deck.
- 2 2.1 (wander) they ranged far and wide in search of fooddeambularon por todas partes en busca de comidathe animals range through the woodslos animales vagan por los bosquesExample sentences2.2 (Botany, Zoology)
- She noticed his eyes ranging over her body.
- He let his eyes range freely up and down her body, lingering particularly on her legs.
- My eyes range over the familiar faces and I receive nods and smiles from every direction.
- Mosquitoes breed in static water and the emerging adults can range up to two miles.
- This species once ranged over an enormous area.
- He knew that the cat had once ranged throughout the Southwest.
- 1 (line up, place) they ranged themselves against the proposalse alinearon en contra de la propuestaExample sentences
- After she'd gone he had drawn up a scorecard, ranging her qualities on one side - her intellectual gifts and vivid, racy conversation - and on the other all the vicious things she'd said.
- The percussionists are ranged round the auditorium, the seats within being arranged to face several different ways.
- We ranged ourselves decoratively across the stairs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.