Translation of rational in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (able to reason) [being] racionalExample sentences1.2 (sane, lucid) to be rational estar* en su ( or mi etc) sano juicio, estar* cuerdo 1.3 (sensible) [act/argument/suggestion] razonable, lógico capable of rational thought capaz de razonar 1.4 (efficient) racional
- Unlike the first two, Proviesque rarely displays a logical structure that can be followed by sensible rational people.
- To be honest, I once thought about having another woman, but I did not do it because I was able to be rational, I did not want to take any risks.
- I have a friend, a sensible, rational creature, not outwardly generous, but happy to share a garibaldi if pressed.
- Hegel develops his rational ontology of gender within a logic of oppositions.
- But for many people, their faith isn't based around an irrational fervour, and it isn't based around rational logic.
- The ideals of liberty, equality, and fraternity proved inadequate as bases for a fully rational society.
- 2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] racionalExample sentences
- The set of rational numbers is denumerable, that is, it has cardinal number d.
- His idea was that every real number r divides the rational numbers into two subsets, namely those greater than r and those less than r.
- Term formalism can perhaps be extended to the integers and rational numbers, but what are the real numbers supposed to be?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.