Translation of raw in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (uncooked) [meat/vegetables] crudoExample sentences1.2 (unprocessed) [silk] crudo, salvaje; [leather] sin curtir, crudo; [sugar] sin refinar; [sewage] sin tratar; [translation/piece of work] sin pulir raw spirits alcohol (masculine) puro raw notes borrador (masculine) the raw data los datos en bruto raw milk (American English/inglés norteamericano) leche (feminine) sin pasteurizar
- Our mothers cooked real food from raw ingredients, making magical meals out of very little.
- Both dishes were marvellous; fine raw ingredients cooked to juicy, succulent perfection and allowed to stand for themselves without the need for endless sauces and marinades.
- Pregnant women should avoid foods made with raw or partially cooked eggs, like egg nog and hollandaise sauce.
Example sentences1.3 (frank, truthful) [style of writing] crudo
- One thing you should remember - unless you have gone rustic and want to play with stone and raw wood - building materials come in standard sizes.
- Similar in texture and appearance to paint, these materials can be applied to almost any building material, including raw wood, drywall and steel.
- The bride looked stunning in an ivory and gold raw silk dress of Irish design and carried a bouquet of delicate cream roses.
- Make sure the loop stitching on the underside is covering the hem raw edge.
- Serge-finish the raw edges and seam with a straight stitch.
- Showcase a variety of fabrics on the one side, featuring curved piecing and bias bars covering all raw edges.
- Each of the three tracks on the EP convey a sense of raw realism.
- She felt Adam was getting the raw end of the situation.
- The result is raw confrontation, sometimes unpleasant in its intensity.
- 2 2.1 (of weather) [day] crudo; [wind] cortante 2.2 (unfair) it's a raw deal es una injusticia, es muy injusto he's had a raw deal in life la vida lo ha tratado muy malExample sentences
- The dreary skies and raw weather suggested November, not mid-May.
- Luckily, while the weather was cold - 30 to 36 degrees - it wasn't a raw cold.
- It was raw, damp, dark, and dismal; the clouds were as muddy as the ground; and the short perspective of every street and avenue, was closed up by the mist as by a filthy curtain.
- 4 (inexperienced) verde [colloquial/familiar]; [recruit] novato, primerizo they're still very raw todavía tienen muy poca experiencia, todavía están muy verdes [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- People offended by raw language, and even rougher depictions of street life, should steer clear.
- The author masterfully captures the narratives by using humor, raw language and thought-provoking descriptions.
- His language is raw and delivery raucous, but his intelligent and insightful material will make you think.
- Almost half of today's Army is married - some of them raw recruits.
- Brigadier Monro's staff of 600 Army personnel and 200 civilians will help to turn raw recruits into trained soldiers.
- The modest brick building at the heart of Europe's biggest military base has become refuge to thousands of raw recruits.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.