Translation of reaction in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable 1.1 (response) reaction
tosomethingthe rash must be a reaction to the drugsel sarpullido debe de ser una reacción a los fármacoswhat was her reaction to the news?¿cómo reaccionó or cuál fue su reacción frente a or ante la noticia?her gut reaction was to pull outsu reacción instintiva fue echarse atrásafter yesterday's rise in interest rates, there was a sharp reaction on Wall Streetla subida de los tipos de interés de ayer provocó una fuerte sacudida en Wall Street(before noun) reaction timetiempo (masculine) de reacciónExample sentences1.2 (Chemistry) chemical/nuclear reaction
reacción química/nuclearExample sentences
- And for an immediate reaction to today's events I think we can speak to Tom Hilton.
- Fifth, anger can be an immediate reaction to an isolated event or it can be a response after numerous events.
- I accept full responsibility for my reaction to a bad situation.
- There are many important industrial processes that use electrophilic reactions.
- By contrast, making Kevlar involves a complex series of organic reactions in hot sulphuric acid at high pressures.
- More to the point, it has facilitated many reactions that depend upon acetic acid as a reagent or solvent.
- Furthermore, the compound nuclei produced in cold-fusion reactions contain a relatively small number of neutrons.
- It studies the structure of nuclei, and their reactions and interactions.
- They're produced during nuclear fusion, the reaction that lights the sun and other stars.
- 2 uncountable (Politics) [pejorative] the forces of reactionlas fuerzas reaccionarias or de la reacción [pejorative]Example sentences
- It is no coincidence that this development has occurred during a period of deepening social and political reaction.
- This process of social and political reaction cannot be adequately explained as the result of the evil intentions of one or another president.
- American politics has assumed the form of a sweeping social reaction, aimed at overturning the reformist legacy of the New Deal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.