Translation of reactionary in Spanish:
- [pejorative]Example sentences
- It is a highly political ruling with reactionary consequences for both asylum-seekers and democratic rights as a whole.
- To make matters even worse, a Democratic president, Buchanan, gave his political support to these reactionary efforts.
- In a professional army, the extent of deeply reactionary political sentiment is far greater.
noun plural -ries
- [pejorative]reaccionario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine) [pejorative]Example sentences
- The lesson of the story was that from a long-term point of view, all reactionaries are paper tigers.
- He is an opportunist and a power hungry reactionary, I don't even see him ‘liberalising’ the economy.
- No mere reactionary, Schwartz was also interested in and informed about contemporary art that might look very different from his own.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.