Translation of realize in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (become aware of)she realized (that) …darse cuenta decaer en la cuenta deI realized who he was/what he wantedse dio cuenta de que …comprendió que …1.2 (know, be aware of)me di cuenta de or comprendí quién era/qué queríaI didn't realize he was her brotherdarse cuenta dedo you realize what time it is?no me había dado cuenta de or no sabía que era su hermanoI realize it's expensive, but it's worth it¿tú te das cuenta de or tú sabes la hora que es?reconozco que es caro, pero vale la penaExample sentences
- Until I went through the episode reviews, I didn't fully understand or realize the deep flaws in the writing.
- In fact, not until my maturity did I fully realise the meaning of commitment and responsibility.
- Without our realizing it, these facts have profoundly changed.
- 2 (achieve)(ambition)hacer realidad(potential)(plan)Example sentences
- But he is confident that Everton have the potential to help him realise that ambition.
- For Holmes, that great double has now been realised - an achievement that is multiplied many times by that rare league of athletes within whose ranks she now stands.
- His desire to realize Henry VIII's plan to subdue French influence in Scotland and achieve the union of the Crowns became an obsession.
- 3 3.1 (achieve)(profit)3.2 (turn into cash)(assets)Example sentences
- To be successful, though, venture capitalists need to realise their investments regularly.
- As at 18 December, 2001, the company had realised many of its assets and satisfied most of its debts.
- The report states that all assets have been realised pursuant to the confiscation order.
- If he had done so, a profit would have been realised on all three transactions.
- Each new project is financed by the profit realised by selling the last.
- Last April, the group sold a property, realising a profit of €1.5 million.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to