Translation of realize in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (become aware of)darse cuenta deshe realized (that) …
caer en la cuenta dese dio cuenta de que …I realized who he was/what he wanted
comprendió que …me di cuenta de or comprendí quién era/qué queríaExample sentences1.2 (know, be aware of)
saberI didn't realize he was her brother
- Until I went through the episode reviews, I didn't fully understand or realize the deep flaws in the writing.
- In fact, not until my maturity did I fully realise the meaning of commitment and responsibility.
- Without our realizing it, these facts have profoundly changed.
darse cuenta deno me había dado cuenta de or no sabía que era su hermanodo you realize what time it is?¿tú te das cuenta de or tú sabes la hora que es?I realize it's expensive, but it's worth itreconozco que es caro, pero vale la pena
- 2 (achieve)(ambition)
llevar a caboExample sentences
- But he is confident that Everton have the potential to help him realise that ambition.
- For Holmes, that great double has now been realised - an achievement that is multiplied many times by that rare league of athletes within whose ranks she now stands.
- His desire to realize Henry VIII's plan to subdue French influence in Scotland and achieve the union of the Crowns became an obsession.
- 3 3.1 (achieve)(profit)
producirExample sentences3.2 (turn into cash)
- If he had done so, a profit would have been realised on all three transactions.
- Each new project is financed by the profit realised by selling the last.
- Last April, the group sold a property, realising a profit of €1.5 million.
- To be successful, though, venture capitalists need to realise their investments regularly.
- As at 18 December, 2001, the company had realised many of its assets and satisfied most of its debts.
- The report states that all assets have been realised pursuant to the confiscation order.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.