Translation of receiver in Spanish:
- 1 [Telecom] auricular (masculine), tubo (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , fono (masculine) (Chile) to lift o pick up the receiver levantar el auricular ( or el tubo etc) to replace o put down the receiver colgar* el auricular ( or el tubo etc)Example sentences
- Working independently, Gray and Bell both developed systems based on electromagnetic receivers with steel diaphragms.
- A speech signal is encoded using code excited linear prediction for use in transmitting the speech signal to a receiver.
- Generally, it is of no value for the transmitter to outdistance the receiver.
- Naturally curious, I picked up the receiver and listened in.
- She stopped, listened to it ring again, and picked up the receiver.
- He must have been alone because he picked up the receiver at the first ring.
- 2 [Radio] [Television/Televisión] receptor (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) receiver dish antena (feminine) parabólicaExample sentences
- A handheld receiver detects radio emissions from these satellites.
- Car dealers also offer satellite radio receivers as a factory-installed option.
- This would see data being broadcast over the airwaves into radio receivers which, if they've been fitted with special screens, could transmit video images.
- 3 [Business/Comercio] [Law/Derecho] (official) receiver síndico (masculine) (de quiebras) to call in the receivers ≈ solicitar la suspensión or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) la cesación de pagosExample sentences
- Sometimes anonymous cards are sent and the receiver has to guess who the sender might be.
- Each time a document is sent, the receiver can check with the security firm to verify the sender's identity.
- But for the receiver to enjoy the gift without feeling guilty they must also give.
- At the start of this year receivers were appointed to manage the brand in Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, and Stirling.
- This point is well taken, as the appointment of a receiver does not necessarily mean that the company's business operations are to be suspended.
- It is likely they would agree that the appointment of a receiver might be the drastic, but necessary, step that is needed.
- 4 (in US football) [Sport/Deporte] receptor, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- An example is a tennis player: When the server starts to serve, the receiver is already in motion.
- An ace is when the receiver does not get his racket on the serve; if a receiver mis-hits a serve it is called a service winner.
- He has an outside chance of sticking with the Eagles as a fifth receiver and special-teams player.
- He struggled in goal-line situations last season and is not a great receiver or pass blocker.
- While he makes some sensational grabs, he also drops more passes than an elite receiver should.
- 5 (of stolen goods) comerciante (masculine and feminine) de mercancía robada, reducidor, (masculine, feminine) (South America/América del Sur)Example sentences
- It will target all criminals, from burglars and street robbers to drug dealers, car criminals and receivers of stolen goods.
- This is an extremely wide provision designed to criminalize those who help a thief or a receiver.
- While car criminals infuriate Fry he is as angry with receivers of stolen goods.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.