Translation of recognition in Spanish:
- 1.1 (identification) he showed a glimmer of recognition when he saw meit has changed beyond o out of all recognitioncuando me vio dio muestras de haberme reconocidoha cambiado de tal manera que resulta irreconocibleExample sentences1.2 (acknowledgment, acceptance) the union is fighting for recognition
in recognition of services rendered [formal]el sindicato está luchando por obtener el reconocimiento oficialby your own recognition [formal]en reconocimiento a or por los servicios prestados [formal]según usted mismo reconoceExample sentences
- The coroner of the Isle of Wight credits enthusiasts with metal detecters for ‘expanding our knowledge and changing it out of all recognition.’
- Many of the bodies have been burned beyond recognition, and few have so far been identified.
- At the same time our knowledge of biochemistry has grown out of all recognition.
- The Indian people of Mexico are on the verge of gaining recognition of their existence and having their rights become a political fact in the constitutional and social reality of Mexico.
- There are now some two to three million people in the world seeking some form of constitutional recognition of their existence, as a group, and some form of self-government.
- Neither was there official recognition of the existence of an accounting profession.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.