Translation of recognize in Spanish:
- 1.1 (identify)(face/voice/person)Example sentences1.2 (acknowledge, accept) they were forced to recognize the gravity of the situation
the island was recognized as an independent statese vieron obligados a reconocer or a admitir la gravedad de la situaciónla isla fue reconocida como estado independienteExample sentences1.3 (grant right to speak)
- She said she hardly recognized her place when she got back to it.
- They both were dressed like fashion models and wore so much makeup you hardly recognized them.
- At first glance one would hardly recognize the place from the pictures the world saw on television in 1989.
(American English) [formal]the chair recognizes the gentleman from …concederle or darle la palabra atiene la palabra el representante de …Example sentences
- Throughout the world, paternity leave has been recognized as an important means of reconciling the professional and familial lives of workers.
- Excessive body fat, especially in areas such as the abdomen, is increasingly recognized as an important risk factor for killers like heart disease and diabetes.
- Networking with experts in other disciplines and collaborating with statisticians should be recognized as an important way to conduct research and disseminate findings.
- As the presiding officer, he recognises those members who wish to speak.
- The gentleman's time is expired. The Chair recognizes Governor Thompson.
- The chair recognized Representative Hochberg to explain the measure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than