Translation of recover in Spanish:
- 1.1 (regain)(investment/position/lead)to recover one's composurehe was on the point of losing his temper, but recovered himselfrecobrar la composturaestuvo a punto de perder los estribos, pero se contuvoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (retrieve) the black box was recovered from the wreckage
- When Maisie had recovered herself, she said, ‘You will inform the priest, of course.’
- It took a moment for John to recover himself after saying this.
- She licked her lips nervously before recovering herself.
la caja negra fue rescatada de los restos del avión siniestradoExample sentences1.3 (reclaim)
- Furthermore the fact that the repair work has been carried out will mean that you may not be able to recover the legal costs incurred in recovering compensation.
- Under the mortgage, the mortgagee is entitled to recover her legal fees as between solicitor and client.
- The law allowing plaintiffs to recover legal fees in advocacy lawsuits has been on the books for a long time.
(metal/glass/paper)Example sentences1.4 (Law)to recover damages
- In addition to the vandalism, some stolen property was recovered from one of the three men.
- Data recovery efforts are, therefore, required to recover the lost transactions and data.
- The bill will make it harder for criminals to dispose of stolen goods, and it will make it easier for the police to recover stolen goods and solve property crimes.
obtener compensación or indemnización por daños y perjuiciosobtener reparación judicial
- When alkyl hydrogen sulfates are added to water, sulfuric acid is recovered and the product obtained from the alkene is an alcohol.
- Secondary alcohols can be readily recovered from ketones by breaking the double bond between the oxygen and carbon and adding hydrogen.
- What about treatment of minerals recovered from the land?
- 1.1 (from ill health, undesirable situation) See examples:to recover (
fromsomething)1.2reponerse or restablecerse or recuperarse ( dealgo)(economy/industry)1.3 (regain equilibrium)recuperarsereactivarserecuperar el equilibrioExample sentences
- The walks will be suitable for everyone, and especially for those who take little exercise or are recovering from health problems.
- After his health recovered he returned to Oxford and in 1849 was awarded a double first in mathematics and classics.
- As for Sally, she recovered and soon returned to her old self, never again mentioning what had happened.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.