vt (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1 (correct) [mistake/fault] rectificar*More example sentences
- Mr Diamond has been in contact with numerous council representatives in an effort to rectify the situation, to no avail.
- However, if the damp problem has been rectified by correct installation of the stainless-steel flue, there is no need to seal the wall.
- A concerted effort must be made to rectify the situation.
- 2 [Elec] rectificar*More example sentences
- Similar to an electrical diode that rectifies an alternating voltage, it might rectify an alternating force to generate a net movement in one direction.
- We are also investigating tunnel diodes, which rectify the IR-frequency current waves in the antenna arms.
- It works by moving a magnet through a coil of wire and produces a alternating current which must then be rectified by the use of diodes.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...