Translation of rectify in Spanish:
transitive verb rectifies, rectifying, rectified
- 1 (correct)(mistake/fault)
- Mr Diamond has been in contact with numerous council representatives in an effort to rectify the situation, to no avail.
- However, if the damp problem has been rectified by correct installation of the stainless-steel flue, there is no need to seal the wall.
- A concerted effort must be made to rectify the situation.
- 2 (Electricity)Example sentences
- Similar to an electrical diode that rectifies an alternating voltage, it might rectify an alternating force to generate a net movement in one direction.
- We are also investigating tunnel diodes, which rectify the IR-frequency current waves in the antenna arms.
- It works by moving a magnet through a coil of wire and produces a alternating current which must then be rectified by the use of diodes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.