Translation of reduction in Spanish:
- 1 c and u 1.1 (in numbers, size, spending) reducción (feminine) 1.2 (in prices, charges) rebaja (feminine) a reduction of 5% una rebaja or un descuento del 5%Example sentences
Example sentences1.3 [Photography/Fotografía] copia (feminine) en tamaño reducido
- A reduction in size at that time may have allowed buntings to exploit that new food resource (grass seeds).
- If there's a sustained period of reduced car crime and a reduction in claims, I think we would expect to see some sort of reduction in your car insurance, or alternatively a slow-down in the rate of increase.
- A reduction in the dividend would save the company £150 million.
Example sentences1.4 [Medicine/Medicina] reducción (feminine)
- The Fed's five interest rate reductions this year have lowered the overnight bank lending rate to 4 percent.
- As we saw in the US earlier in the year, the immediate reaction of share prices to interest rate reductions tends to be positive.
- In any industry, oversupply leads to price reductions and pressure on profit margins.
- The painting itself did not subsequently spawn any of the painted repetitions and reductions that complicate the pedigree of Delaroche's later works.
- Two of the works that they acquired were bought as reductions of the previously mentioned Napoleon at Fontainebleau and Napoleon Crossing the Alps.
- Experimentation is necessary to determine the dilution required for a particular reduction.
- Subsequent plain films and computed tomography confirmed satisfactory reduction with no acetabular fracture.
- Reduction of acute nasal fractures in the primary care setting is confined largely to the closed reduction of mild unilateral fractures.
- Seven years prior to admission, he sustained a traumatic ankle fracture that required surgical reduction.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (simplification) reducción (feminine) 2.2 (to undesirable condition) reducción (feminine) reduction to the ranks degradación (feminine) 2.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] simplificación (feminine)Example sentences
- In particular Zhang sees the reduction of fractions to a common denominator as hard.
- I find this reduction of the subject to a victim sad.
- Along with its adoption has come a simplification and reduction of the concept into forms that are more readily measured and calculated.
- The reduction of reasoning to mechanical calculation that they identified is no clearer than in the inhuman logic of capitalist exchange.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] reducción (feminine)Example sentences
- Oxidation and reduction are two processes that are quite common in chemical reactions.
- The carboxyl group can also be converted into an alcohol by reduction of the carbonyl carbon.
- For example reduction of ethanol gives the alkene ethene.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas