- 1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable 1.1 (in numbers, size, spending) reducción (feminine) 1.2 (in prices, charges) rebaja (feminine) a reduction of 5% una rebaja or un descuento del 5%More example sentences
More example sentences1.3 [Photography/Fotografía] copia (feminine) en tamaño reducido
- A reduction in size at that time may have allowed buntings to exploit that new food resource (grass seeds).
- If there's a sustained period of reduced car crime and a reduction in claims, I think we would expect to see some sort of reduction in your car insurance, or alternatively a slow-down in the rate of increase.
- A reduction in the dividend would save the company £150 million.
More example sentences1.4 [Medicine/Medicina] reducción (feminine)
- The Fed's five interest rate reductions this year have lowered the overnight bank lending rate to 4 percent.
- As we saw in the US earlier in the year, the immediate reaction of share prices to interest rate reductions tends to be positive.
- In any industry, oversupply leads to price reductions and pressure on profit margins.
More example sentences
- The painting itself did not subsequently spawn any of the painted repetitions and reductions that complicate the pedigree of Delaroche's later works.
- Two of the works that they acquired were bought as reductions of the previously mentioned Napoleon at Fontainebleau and Napoleon Crossing the Alps.
- Experimentation is necessary to determine the dilution required for a particular reduction.
- Subsequent plain films and computed tomography confirmed satisfactory reduction with no acetabular fracture.
- Reduction of acute nasal fractures in the primary care setting is confined largely to the closed reduction of mild unilateral fractures.
- Seven years prior to admission, he sustained a traumatic ankle fracture that required surgical reduction.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (simplification) reducción (feminine) 2.2 (to undesirable condition) reducción (feminine) reduction to the ranks degradación (feminine) 2.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] simplificación (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- In particular Zhang sees the reduction of fractions to a common denominator as hard.
- I find this reduction of the subject to a victim sad.
- Along with its adoption has come a simplification and reduction of the concept into forms that are more readily measured and calculated.
- The reduction of reasoning to mechanical calculation that they identified is no clearer than in the inhuman logic of capitalist exchange.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] reducción (feminine)More example sentences
- Oxidation and reduction are two processes that are quite common in chemical reactions.
- The carboxyl group can also be converted into an alcohol by reduction of the carbonyl carbon.
- For example reduction of ethanol gives the alkene ethene.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.