Translation of reek in Spanish:
- 1 (stink)to reek (
ofsomething)apestar or heder ( aalgo)Example sentences
- The nurse's office smelled - or rather, reeked - strongly of iodine and disinfectant.
- I remember the whole area reeked with the smell of burnt flesh for weeks and weeks after.
- What about the seats - some of them reek with manky stinks going back decades.
- 2 (have air of)to reek
ofsomethingoler aalgoExample sentences
- Coming as it does in a period when many cash-strapped independent schools face the prospect of mergers or closure, he suggests that the initiative reeks more of marketing than a genuine desire to stimulate debate.
- The spin on the Telegraph story is so blatant that it reeks of desperation.
- To be honest, the Informix purchase reeks of desperation to me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.