Translation of refill in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈriˌfɪl/ British English: /ˈriːfɪl/
- 3 (Cars)I need a refilltengo que poner más gasolina or (Andes) bencina
tengo que cargar nafta (River Plate area)
transitive verbAmerican English: /riˈfɪl/ British English: /riːˈfɪl/
- (glass/bottle/tank)this prescription may not be refilled (American English)
volver a llenar
rellenar≈ venta exclusiva bajo recetaExample sentences
- Travellers often buy water at the last minute at the Central station, and some need to refill their containers.
- A wholesaler refills the containers in my bathroom every six weeks.
- Some critics have also found it ironic that many people who purchase bottled water end up refilling the containers from a tap.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.