Translation of reflection in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (of light, sound, heat)Example sentences1.2 countable (image)
Example sentences1.3 countable (of situation, feeling) it's not an accurate reflection of the situation
- Polarized lenses on sunglasses help to reduce glare by not allowing the polarizations that come from reflections through but allowing other light through.
- Light reflections off the chrome surface, reflective windows, everything is used to make you believe you're part of the action.
- The receiving devices samples a plurality of points on the near side of the structure to detect vibrations resulting from reflections of the sound wave from the object.
no es (un) reflejo fiel de la situaciónExample sentences
- Given the way these were lit, the viewer could see not only the photographs, but also reflections of the installation mirrored in their framing glass.
- One nuance Duguay revels in throughout the film is the use of mirrors, windows and reflections.
- This past election was a mirror reflection of the level of concern there is within our community and others throughout Manitoba.
- Both observations could be seen as a reflection or consequence of the cognitive mechanisms underlying sentence processing.
- Yet if we view the Government's recent behaviour as a collective reflection of what happens to each of us when we are under pressure, then things become clearer.
- Our lips are a reflection of our inner health and as such, they deserve the same care and consideration as the rest of our body.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (contemplation) on o upon reflection, it doesn't seem such a good ideaafter serious reflection, I have decided to acceptpensándolo bien, no parece tan buena idea2.2 countable (thought)después de pensarlo or meditarlo seriamente, he decidido aceptar(comment)Example sentences
- This gives me considerable pause, but on further reflection I remain of the opinion that he should be confirmed as Chief Justice of the United States.
- At first it depressed me that people gauged their popularity by how many texts they received, but on further reflection I realised that it's nothing new.
- But on further reflection we decided that such a limit was really not necessary.
- 3 (disparagement) (no plural) to be a reflection
onsomething/somebodyit's a sad reflection on human nature that nobody would help himthis is no reflection on you, but …que nadie lo ayudara no dice mucho a favor de la humanidadyo sé que no es culpa tuya, pero …no te estoy reprochando, pero …Example sentences
- There is no sign of the ‘retired’ Keane in the squad but that is no reflection on the assistance he readily offered Munster for the first two games of the competition.
- We have a very loyal and hard-working workforce and this decision is no reflection on their commitment to our business.
- He said the reshuffle was no reflection on the talents of the people stepping down, but was necessary for the ‘radical change’ the business needed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.