- 1.1 (unmanageable) [formal] [person/mood] obstinado y difícilMore example sentences1.2 [Medicine/Medicina] to be refractory
- In his reply, Mr Goggins said: ‘Special accommodation may only be used for the temporary confinement of a violent or refractory prisoner, and not as punishment.’
- Capulet's attitude to his refractory daughter is precisely that of my Muslim patients' fathers.
- Threats of the same treatment prevented refractory congregations from using disused churches they had hired for private worship.
tosth no responder aalgoMore example sentences1.3 [Technology/Tecnología] [clay/metal] refractario
More example sentences
- Caspofungin is a Protocol Drug at UIHC and may only be used in patients who are refractory to or intolerant of amphotericin B or amphotericin B lipid complex, or by recommendation of Infectious Diseases Division consult.
- Because bioreductive drugs are activated to form highly effective cytotoxins under hypoxic conditions, they can be used to inactivate hypoxic tumor cells that are refractory to the direct cytotoxicity of hypericin-PDT.
- Thus far, these patients have proved relatively refractory to potential therapies interfering with individual molecules.
- Such refractory materials as silicon dioxide and aluminum oxide are so severely attacked that their use is hazardous.
- Some compounds of hafnium are also used as refractory substances to line the inside of high-temperature ovens.
- Also under investigation as possible container materials are certain types of refractory ceramics.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...