Translation of regime in Spanish:
- 1.1 (rule) régimen (masculine) the Somoza regime el régimen de SomozaExample sentences1.2 (system) sistema (masculine) prison regime régimen (masculine) penitenciario
- For one, wages tend to be lower in authoritarian regimes than in democracies, giving businesses in dictatorships a monetary advantage in selling exports abroad.
- Meanwhile, in southern Europe, Spain, Portugal, and Greece were ruled by authoritarian regimes.
- This sort of empty democratic trapping is a hallmark of authoritarian regimes.
- Of course, economists apply additional tests to tax regimes.
- ‘We have requested Burgoynes to focus on the Assured's cleaning regimes in order to ensure that compliance has occurred’.
- It would in effect change the regime from a reference system to an appellate one.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.