Translation of register in Spanish:
- 1 (record, list)(in school) (British English)to sign the register
lista (feminine)firmar el (libro de) registroto strike somebody off the register (British English) (Medicine)expulsar a alguien del colegio de médicosto take o call the register (British English) (School)pasar listaExample sentences
- While the graveyard register has recorded the names of those buried in the cemetery identity of those buried in some graves is difficult to establish.
- However, a vote was taken last March among the 25 qualified electors named on the register of electors at Kennedy Street.
- However, she said there were strong safeguards in her proposals to prevent names being placed unnecessarily on registers or lists.
- Previous investigations have found many MEPs turning up only to sign the attendance register - to receive the daily rate - and then leaving.
- Among the most popular display items were the large class registers, which recorded the attendance records of children going back to 1910.
- A collection of exercise books and school registers collected as far back as the early 1900s are also on display.
- 2 (Music)Example sentences
- In his early years, Caruso often ruminated over whether he was a tenor or a baritone, the upper register of his voice being naturally weaker than the lower.
- The combination of his voice with the lower register of the viola sends shivers down the spine.
- He projects a tremendous sound across all registers of the instrument, while conveying the poetry of the score.
- 3 (Linguistics) differences in registerdiferencias (feminine plural) de registroExample sentences
- In some languages, and some registers of English, syntactic tangling like this is normal.
- For such people, standard English is the register of formal communication, complemented by vernacular usage for other purposes.
- In addition to regional and social dialects, two other varieties often discussed by sociolinguists are register and style.
- 1 (record)(ship/car)are you registered with Dr Adams? (British English)
matricular¿está inscrito or registrado como paciente del Dr Adams?Example sentences
- The wildlife charity registered WWF as a trademark in 1961.
- A trademark is registered officially, and protects by law a name, symbol, sound, colour or design, which identifies the product in question.
- No world records were registered in Lisbon 1994, Annecy 1998 and Santiago de Chile two years ago.
- Teletraffic, the importers of the UK-approved speed camera, claim it is impossible to register a false reading from a moving target.
- But their metal detectors stood mute, registering nothing.
- The partial vacuum in the chamber will cause the instrument to register, say, 35,000 feet when it is, in fact, only a few hundred feet above sea level.
- 2 (send by registered post)(letter/package)
mandar certificado or (Mexico) registrado or (Colombia) (Uruguay) recomendadoExample sentences
- Also, those not home to sign for parcels and registered letters have had to make the journey to the main post-offices in the city and Dungarvan to collect their post.
- Your letter didn't state whether you registered the mail, but if you enclosed money in a card without registering the envelope, it is a risk you take.
- One morning I was dressed in my black negligee when the postman called with a registered letter.
- 3also: registered past participle3.1 (Finance)registered charity (British English)organización (feminine) benéfica registradaregistered company registered office (British English) registered shareacción (feminine) nominativaregistered shareholder 3.2 (Administration)registered nurseenfermero titulado, (enfermera titulada) (masculine, feminine)a Panamanian-registered shipun barco de matrícula panameña3.3 (recorded)(letter/package/mail)to send something registered
certificado or (Mexico) registrado or (Colombia) (Uruguay) recomendadomandar algo certificado or (Mexico) registrado or (Colombia) (Uruguay) recomendado
- 4 4.1 (make known)(protest)
presentarExample sentences4.2 (show) her face registered no emotion
su cara no acusó or denotó emoción algunathe dial registered 700 voltsla aguja registraba or marcaba 700 voltios
- We published a short notice about this in our last issue and some of you have gone to our website to view a demonstration and register your opinion.
- A spokeswoman for the show said the response was huge, given the one hour timeframe which the public had to register their opinion.
- At the heart of the increasing reliance on referenda is dissatisfaction felt by many voters at the difficulty in registering their opinion on a specific issue amid the many other issues brought up at a general election.
- 5 (detect)(realize) darse cuenta de
caer en la cuenta deExample sentences
- At first in the faded light he fails to notice it, and only registers his presence when his hand reaches out to support his rise to his feet and brushes one of the branches.
- She must've noticed it without registering it, and that's why she'd had the dream.
- He doesn't ignore her; just can't seem to register her presence.
- 1 (enroll)inscribirse(University)
inscribirse(at a hotel) registrarseto register with a doctor (British English)inscribirse en la lista de pacientes de un médicoto register to voteinscribirse para votar (Latin America)to register as a Democrat/Republican (in US)
censarse (para votar) (Spain)inscribirse como votante demócrata/republicanoExample sentences
- People who do not have their citizenship documents must not be allowed to register to vote.
- Sometimes voters turned up where they had registered to vote to find their names not on the voters' list.
- Participants must register between 9.15 and 9.30 am, and the draw for teams will take place afterwards.
- Amy and Jak had become close friends over the past few days, spending most of their time in the hotel room Jak had registered for them under the name of Mr and Mrs William Bracket.
- A future AORN President could be the person sitting next to you on the bus, sitting next to you in the cafeteria, or standing in line while registering at a hotel.
- He was in a daze but had enough sense to lie low for a bit and so he registered at a seedy hotel in that part of town, where he hoped no-one would come looking for him.
- 2 2.1 (show up)ser detectadoExample sentences2.2 (be understood, remembered) she did tell me her name, but it didn't register
me dijo su nombre, pero no lo retuve or no me quedóeventually it registered who he wasal final caí en la cuenta de quién erawe're losing our jobs, has that registered with you?nos vamos a quedar sin trabajo, a ver si te enteras de una vez
- Be sure to check that the internal temperature registers at 190°F.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.