Translation of regular in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (evenly spaced) regular at regular intervals (in time) con regularidad (in space) a intervalos regulares his pulse is regular su pulso es regular to keep regular hours llevar una vida ordenada or metódicaExample sentences1.2 (consistent, habitual) [customer/reader/contributor] habitual, asiduo don't be surprised, that's a regular occurrence no te sorprendas, eso es muy frecuente or pasa con mucha frecuencia to be in regular employment tener* empleo fijo the regular staff el personal permanente regular troops tropas (feminine plural) regulares one of the regular features of the paper uno de los artículos regulares del periódico on a regular basis con regularidad, regularmente
- I sat on a bench, spaced at regular intervals like all the others, indexed by a number, in this case the number One, and dedicated in memoriam to a dead appreciator of the park.
- Once you've found one nail head, others should be spaced at regular intervals.
- Semicircular solid bastions were spaced at regular intervals along the ramparts.
Example sentences1.3 [Medicine/Medicina] to be regular (in bowel habits) hacer* de vientre con regularidad (in menstrual cycles) ser* regular
- The couple, who met in North Wales, were having a late afternoon wedding at St Paul's Church, in Holgate, where they are regular worshippers and run a youth group.
- Indeed, the priory is such a beautiful place it attracts regular worshippers from as far afield as Sedbergh and Dalton-in-Furness to attend services there.
- The chairman of the Hounslow Jamia Mosque, Suleman Chachia, said Hanif was a regular worshipper and had been attending prayers for at least the last two years.
- Books in digital format, also known as e-books, can be read on devices lacking the power and screen space to afford a regular Web browser.
- Imagine having access to a car whenever you need it, but without the hassle of registration, insurance and having to find regular parking space.
- However, the slowness of the official channels, and Nicholas's desire to have all strings in his own hand, caused him to bypass the regular processes.
Example sentences1.4 (customary) habitual the regular procedure el procedimiento usual or habitual my regular dentist mi dentista, el dentista que (siempre) me atiende in the regular course of events en circunstancias normales
- Do you hope eventually to have your own performing space and a regular summer festival?
- The individual consumer has the regular bill as an incentive to manage his or her use of the phone, but the corporate customer doesn't care too much about the cost and may not even see the bill.
- When wine is matured in any other form of wooden container it is particularly important that the ullage space is minimized by regular topping up.
- Earlier onset of regular menstrual cycles is associated with early regular ovulatory menstrual cycles, a risk factor for the disease.
- Women with regular menstrual cycles should begin testing for urinary LH about 3 days prior to expected ovulation.
- Patients were required to have had regular menstrual cycles and to have reported their symptoms for at least two years.
- Potted roses aren't less work or responsibility; they simply take up less space than a regular rose garden.
- This freedom from regular space constraints is perhaps one of the most exciting aspects of the competition from an artist's point of view.
- This is especially obnoxious on a widescreen display, but there is even extra space on a regular television.
- 2 (even, symmetrical) [shape/outline/polygon] regular; [teeth] regular, parejo (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences
- Barely a regular structure, road or building broke the contours of the mountainsides, whose ragged, stony slopes rose straight from the shore to a thousand feet.
- The regular arrangement of leaves on a stem and trichomes on leaves is generated by lateral inhibition
- At some sites, corn hills have been carefully arranged in rows, while at others they show no such regular arrangement.
- These three groups are the fundamental polyform families, being derived from the three regular polygons.
- But the polygon is a regular polygon, and there's a chart for those in your book, here.
- This ratio occurs several times in the theory of regular polygons and polyhedra.
- 3 3.1 [size/model] normal regular or large? ¿normal o grande? regular grade gasoline (American English/inglés norteamericano) gasolina (feminine) or (Andes) bencina (feminine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) nafta (feminine) normal 3.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [verb/plural] regularExample sentences
- On the one hand, we can analyse the expression as a regular verb phrase, consisting of a transitive verb followed by its nominal direct object.
- All verbs are regular & have only one form for each tense or mood; they are not altered for person or number.
- All new verbs in English are regular, as in glitz, glitzed, glitzed.
- Council employees will then visit householders in that area to advise them how to use their green bin and help them to ensure there is space inside their regular rubbish bin for the remainder of their waste.
- At any time, incorporate single-discipline routines or individual moves into your regular exercise regimen.
- Hardcoded types are to generic code what magic constants are to regular code.
- Considering they fail to exceed the average size of regular apartments, prospective tenants may baulk at the use of the term penthouse.
- Take a diet soft drink instead of a regular soft drink, don't supersize those French fries, get the regular size.
- We bought the exact same things: slice of pizza, a regular size fry, and a bottle of juice.
- 4 [colloquial/familiar] 4.1 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) verdadero he's a regular comedian es muy gracioso a regular idiot un idiota redomado to be a regular genius ser* una verdadera lumbrera 4.2 (straightforward) (American English/inglés norteamericano) he's a regular guy es un gran tipo [colloquial/familiar], es un tío majo (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]
- 5 [Military/Militar] [soldier/officer] de carrera the regular army el ejército profesionalExample sentences
- In September 1939 its regular component, the Permanent Force, totalled only 5,385 men.
- Many people are surprised to learn that the weapons and kit used by the SAS are largely the same as those available to regular British Army soldiers.
- Apart from some garrison artillery, the regular army comprised staff officers and instructional cadres for the volunteer militia.
- 1 (customer) cliente (masculine and feminine) habitual, asiduo, (masculine, feminine) he is now a team regular ahora es parte integrante del equipo party regular (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Politics/Política] militante (masculine and feminine) del partido she's a talk-show regular aparece mucho or con frecuencia en programas de entrevistas
- 2 [Military/Militar] militar (masculine and feminine) de carrera
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas