Translation of regular in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (evenly spaced) at regular intervals(in time) con regularidad(in space) a intervalos regulareshis pulse is regularsu pulso es regularto keep regular hoursllevar una vida ordenada or metódicaExample sentences1.2 (consistent, habitual) don't be surprised, that's a regular occurrence
no te sorprendas, eso es muy frecuente or pasa con mucha frecuenciato be in regular employmenttener empleo fijothe regular staffel personal permanenteregular troopstropas (feminine plural) regularesone of the regular features of the paperuno de los artículos regulares del periódicoon a regular basiscon regularidad
- I sat on a bench, spaced at regular intervals like all the others, indexed by a number, in this case the number One, and dedicated in memoriam to a dead appreciator of the park.
- Once you've found one nail head, others should be spaced at regular intervals.
- Semicircular solid bastions were spaced at regular intervals along the ramparts.
Example sentences1.3 (Medicine)to be regular
- The couple, who met in North Wales, were having a late afternoon wedding at St Paul's Church, in Holgate, where they are regular worshippers and run a youth group.
- Indeed, the priory is such a beautiful place it attracts regular worshippers from as far afield as Sedbergh and Dalton-in-Furness to attend services there.
- The chairman of the Hounslow Jamia Mosque, Suleman Chachia, said Hanif was a regular worshipper and had been attending prayers for at least the last two years.
(in bowel habits) hacer de vientre con regularidad(in menstrual cycles) ser regularExample sentences
- Books in digital format, also known as e-books, can be read on devices lacking the power and screen space to afford a regular Web browser.
- Imagine having access to a car whenever you need it, but without the hassle of registration, insurance and having to find regular parking space.
- However, the slowness of the official channels, and Nicholas's desire to have all strings in his own hand, caused him to bypass the regular processes.
Example sentences1.4 (customary) the regular procedure
- Do you hope eventually to have your own performing space and a regular summer festival?
- The individual consumer has the regular bill as an incentive to manage his or her use of the phone, but the corporate customer doesn't care too much about the cost and may not even see the bill.
- When wine is matured in any other form of wooden container it is particularly important that the ullage space is minimized by regular topping up.
el procedimiento usual or habitualmy regular dentistmi dentistain the regular course of events
- Earlier onset of regular menstrual cycles is associated with early regular ovulatory menstrual cycles, a risk factor for the disease.
- Women with regular menstrual cycles should begin testing for urinary LH about 3 days prior to expected ovulation.
- Patients were required to have had regular menstrual cycles and to have reported their symptoms for at least two years.
el dentista que (siempre) me atiendeen circunstancias normalesExample sentences
- Potted roses aren't less work or responsibility; they simply take up less space than a regular rose garden.
- This freedom from regular space constraints is perhaps one of the most exciting aspects of the competition from an artist's point of view.
- This is especially obnoxious on a widescreen display, but there is even extra space on a regular television.
- 2(even, symmetrical) (shape/outline/polygon)
- Barely a regular structure, road or building broke the contours of the mountainsides, whose ragged, stony slopes rose straight from the shore to a thousand feet.
- The regular arrangement of leaves on a stem and trichomes on leaves is generated by lateral inhibition
- At some sites, corn hills have been carefully arranged in rows, while at others they show no such regular arrangement.
- These three groups are the fundamental polyform families, being derived from the three regular polygons.
- But the polygon is a regular polygon, and there's a chart for those in your book, here.
- This ratio occurs several times in the theory of regular polygons and polyhedra.
- 3 3.1(size/model)regular or large?
normal¿normal o grande?regular grade gasoline (American English)(Andes) bencina (feminine) normal(River Plate area) nafta (feminine) normalExample sentences
Example sentences3.2 (Linguistics)
- Council employees will then visit householders in that area to advise them how to use their green bin and help them to ensure there is space inside their regular rubbish bin for the remainder of their waste.
- At any time, incorporate single-discipline routines or individual moves into your regular exercise regimen.
- Hardcoded types are to generic code what magic constants are to regular code.
- Considering they fail to exceed the average size of regular apartments, prospective tenants may baulk at the use of the term penthouse.
- Take a diet soft drink instead of a regular soft drink, don't supersize those French fries, get the regular size.
- We bought the exact same things: slice of pizza, a regular size fry, and a bottle of juice.
- On the one hand, we can analyse the expression as a regular verb phrase, consisting of a transitive verb followed by its nominal direct object.
- All verbs are regular & have only one form for each tense or mood; they are not altered for person or number.
- All new verbs in English are regular, as in glitz, glitzed, glitzed.
- 4 [colloquial] 4.1 (as intensifier) he's a regular comedianes muy graciosoa regular idiotun idiota redomadoto be a regular geniusser una verdadera lumbreraExample sentences4.2 (straightforward) (American English) he's a regular guy
es un gran tipo [colloquial]es un tío majo (Spain) [colloquial]
- The two on the side were regular rookies, they'll cower upon orders and fail to obey when it really counts.
- The place was a regular wake.
- The Blackmon place was a regular old time slave plantation.
- 5 (Military)(soldier/officer)the regular army
de carrerael ejército profesionalExample sentences
- In September 1939 its regular component, the Permanent Force, totalled only 5,385 men.
- Many people are surprised to learn that the weapons and kit used by the SAS are largely the same as those available to regular British Army soldiers.
- Apart from some garrison artillery, the regular army comprised staff officers and instructional cadres for the volunteer militia.
- 1 (customer)cliente (masculine or feminine) habitualhe is now a team regular
asiduo, (-dua) (masculine, feminine)ahora es parte integrante del equipoparty regular (American English) (Politics)militante (masculine or feminine) del partidoshe's a talk-show regularaparece mucho or con frecuencia en programas de entrevistasExample sentences
- Management and staff extend appreciation to all customers, particularly regulars who gained not only health but wealth benefits.
- In fact, according to the owner, most of the customers are regulars who come in more than once a week, and have been doing so since it opened eight years ago.
- The home team were missing some regulars but they fought hard throughout and could have been ahead in the early exchanges.
- 2 (Military)Example sentences
- At the start of the Spanish civil war they were the only combat-tested regulars in a short-service conscript army.
- The final several months of the Pacific war saw American regulars and Filipino guerrillas steadily reducing the area controlled by the Japanese.
- Instead, the primary US focus remained on killing guerrillas and North Vietnamese regulars.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.