Translation of reject in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /rəˈdʒɛkt/ British English: /rɪˈdʒɛkt/
- 1(suggestion/offer/application/candidate)the machine rejects damaged coins
no aceptarla máquina no acepta las monedas en mal estadothe appeal was rejected (Law)el recurso de apelación fue denegado or rechazado or desestimadoto feel rejectedsentirse rechazadoExample sentences
- 54.87 per cent of French voters reject the European Union's new constitution.
- Kelly, the US officials said, rejected the threat as unacceptable as a means to resolve the nuclear crisis.
- The Palestinians have rejected the release as inadequate and want thousands freed.
- 2 (turn against)Example sentences
- In several studies, women emphasized wanting to satisfy a partner's needs, promote intimacy, avoid tension in a relationship, and avoid rejecting a partner.
- Her rejecting him only made his desire to gain her affection that much stronger.
- This might eventually cause others to reject the depressed person and to avoid future interactions.
- 3 (Medicine)(tissue/organ)
- A mix of immunosuppressive therapies is typically used to prevent a recipient's body from rejecting a transplanted organ.
- In many instances, bodies reject transplant organs because their immune systems see them as foreign tissue.
- Immunosuppressants interfere with the body's immune system - making it less capable of rejecting the transplanted kidney.
nounAmerican English: /ˈriˌdʒɛkt/ British English: /ˈriːdʒɛkt/
- 1 (flawed product)artículo (masculine) ( or producto (masculine) etc. ) defectuoso(before noun) reject shopExample sentences
- To the consumer this means the product is a reject in Brazil and is not fit for human consumption.
- We were forced to woo younger guys or scavenge in the reject bin of the older group.
- This plutonium is a reject load being returned to British Nuclear Fuels by Japan.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.