Translation of reject in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/rɪˈdʒekt/
- 1.1 [suggestion/offer/application/candidate] rechazar*, no aceptar the machine rejects damaged coins la máquina no acepta las monedas en mal estado the appeal was rejected [Law/Derecho] el recurso de apelación fue denegado or rechazado or desestimado to feel rejected sentirse* rechazadoExample sentences1.2 (turn against) rechazar*
Example sentences1.3 [Medicine/Medicina] [tissue/organ] rechazar*
- 54.87 per cent of French voters reject the European Union's new constitution.
- Kelly, the US officials said, rejected the threat as unacceptable as a means to resolve the nuclear crisis.
- The Palestinians have rejected the release as inadequate and want thousands freed.
- In several studies, women emphasized wanting to satisfy a partner's needs, promote intimacy, avoid tension in a relationship, and avoid rejecting a partner.
- Her rejecting him only made his desire to gain her affection that much stronger.
- This might eventually cause others to reject the depressed person and to avoid future interactions.
- A mix of immunosuppressive therapies is typically used to prevent a recipient's body from rejecting a transplanted organ.
- In many instances, bodies reject transplant organs because their immune systems see them as foreign tissue.
- Immunosuppressants interfere with the body's immune system - making it less capable of rejecting the transplanted kidney.
- 1.1 (flawed product) artículo (masculine)( or producto (masculine) etc) defectuoso (before noun/delante del nombre) reject shop tienda (feminine) de artículos defectuosos 1.2 (person) a reject of society un marginado social or de la sociedad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.