Translation of relation in Spanish:
- 1 countable (relative)pariente (masculine or feminine)he's no relation (of mine)
pariente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)
familiar (masculine or feminine)no es pariente míopictured are John Hull and James Hull (no relation)
no estamos emparentadosen la fotografía aparecen John Hull y James Hull, quienes no están emparentadoswhat relation is she to you?¿qué parentesco tiene contigo?¿a ti qué te toca? (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Had he not been his brother and his closest relation, he would have murdered him in cold blood.
- He is survived by his wife Tess, three sons and two daughters, family relations and a host of friends he made through the music business.
- The definition does not include your cousins or any relations by marriage.
- 2 2.1 uncountable or countable (connection) there is a close relation between poverty and ill healthhay una relación muy estrecha entre la pobreza y la mala saludto bear no relation to somethingno guardar ninguna relación con algoExample sentences2.2in relation to (as preposition)
en relación con
- It may also be hard to see the relation between cause and effect.
- If, however, we adopt the second hypothesis, we have to inquire only as to the relation between cause and effect.
- What is the causal relation between the pattern of division and cell differentiation?
con relación a
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.