Translation of relation in Spanish:
- 1 countable (relative)he's no relation (of mine)pariente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)pictured are John Hull and James Hull (no relation)no es pariente míono estamos emparentadoswhat relation is she to you?en la fotografía aparecen John Hull y James Hull, quienes no están emparentados¿qué parentesco tiene contigo?¿a ti qué te toca? (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Had he not been his brother and his closest relation, he would have murdered him in cold blood.
- He is survived by his wife Tess, three sons and two daughters, family relations and a host of friends he made through the music business.
- The definition does not include your cousins or any relations by marriage.
- 2 2.1 uncountable and countable (connection) there is a close relation between poverty and ill healthto bear no relation to somethinghay una relación muy estrecha entre la pobreza y la mala salud2.2in relation to (as preposition)no guardar ninguna relación con algoen relación concon relación aExample sentences
- It may also be hard to see the relation between cause and effect.
- If, however, we adopt the second hypothesis, we have to inquire only as to the relation between cause and effect.
- What is the causal relation between the pattern of division and cell differentiation?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.