Translation of relation in Spanish:
- 1 countable (relative)pariente (masculine and feminine)he's no relation (of mine)
pariente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)
familiar (masculine and feminine)no es pariente míopictured are John Hull and James Hull (no relation)
no estamos emparentadosen la fotografía aparecen John Hull y James Hull, quienes no están emparentadoswhat relation is she to you?¿qué parentesco tiene contigo?
¿a ti qué te toca? (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Had he not been his brother and his closest relation, he would have murdered him in cold blood.
- He is survived by his wife Tess, three sons and two daughters, family relations and a host of friends he made through the music business.
- The definition does not include your cousins or any relations by marriage.
- 2 2.1 uncountable and countable (connection) there is a close relation between poverty and ill healthhay una relación muy estrecha entre la pobreza y la mala saludto bear no relation to somethingno guardar ninguna relación con algo2.2in relation to (as preposition)en relación con
con relación aExample sentences
- It may also be hard to see the relation between cause and effect.
- If, however, we adopt the second hypothesis, we have to inquire only as to the relation between cause and effect.
- What is the causal relation between the pattern of division and cell differentiation?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.