Translation of relax in Spanish:
- 1(person)she plays the guitar to relax
relajarsetoca la guitarra para relajarse or como esparcimientoI find it hard to relax in their company
la guitarra le sirve de relaxno me encuentro del todo cómodo or a gusto con ellosrelax, I'll take care of everything
me cuesta relajarme cuando están ellosquédate tranquilo que yo me encargo de todoExample sentences
- She smiled at me, friendly, and I relaxed - then tensed slightly, because the door was closing behind me.
- Whereas she's relatively calm and relaxed, he's tense and anxious.
- After a couple minutes, her tense body relaxed and she wiggled in the stretcher to get more comfortable.
- 2(muscle/features)his grip on her relaxed slightly
relajarsedejó de sujetarla con tanta fuerzaExample sentences
- When you have a leg cramp, relax the muscle through gentle massage, or heat the muscle with a warm towel or hot water bottle.
- Chelsea frowns, but quickly relaxes her eyebrow muscles - not wanting to crack the clear facial mask.
- Many things may cause a child to be unable to relax their sphincter muscles when trying to urinate.
- 2(muscles/rules/discipline)she relaxed her grip
relajarsujetó con menos fuerzahe didn't relax his concentrationcontinuó muy concentradowe will not relax our effortsno cejaremos en nuestro empeñoExample sentences
- So this Saturday restrictions are being relaxed to Level 2.
- Some restrictions may be relaxed soon, he says - but it won't be much.
- Not only do attitudes need to change, but the regulatory restrictions could be considerably relaxed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.