Translation of relaxation in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (recreation)(rest)what do you do for relaxation?chess is her chief relaxation¿qué haces para relajarte or descansar?el ajedrez es su principal forma de esparcimiento or de relaxExample sentences1.2 uncountable (of muscles, rules, vigilance) (before noun) relaxation classes
clases (feminine plural) de relajaciónExample sentences
- While you may be eager to begin this period of rest and relaxation, don't be in a rush to jump in the car after a long day of work.
- A three-week rest and relaxation period, originally scheduled for Geraldton, will now be held in Carnarvon before the ship sets sail for the Mid West again.
- This is a time of rest from sorrow and relaxation after a period of anxiety.
- Stimulation of a beta receptor causes muscle vasodilation, bronchial relaxation, and cardiac acceleration.
- The depth and rate of breathing are controlled by special centres in the brain, which influence the nerves that cause contraction and relaxation of the muscles of respiration.
- Music, massage, imagery, progressive muscle relaxation, biofeedback, and therapeutic touch are a few examples.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...