Translation of relaxation in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (recreation) esparcimiento (masculine), distracción (feminine); (rest) relax (masculine) what do you do for relaxation? ¿qué haces para relajarte or descansar? chess is her chief relaxation el ajedrez es su principal forma de esparcimiento or de relaxExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (of muscles, rules, vigilance) relajación (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) relaxation classes clases (feminine plural) de relajación
- While you may be eager to begin this period of rest and relaxation, don't be in a rush to jump in the car after a long day of work.
- A three-week rest and relaxation period, originally scheduled for Geraldton, will now be held in Carnarvon before the ship sets sail for the Mid West again.
- This is a time of rest from sorrow and relaxation after a period of anxiety.
- Stimulation of a beta receptor causes muscle vasodilation, bronchial relaxation, and cardiac acceleration.
- The depth and rate of breathing are controlled by special centres in the brain, which influence the nerves that cause contraction and relaxation of the muscles of respiration.
- Music, massage, imagery, progressive muscle relaxation, biofeedback, and therapeutic touch are a few examples.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.