Translation of relieve in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(monotony/uniformity)allow me to relieve you of your coat
romperpermítame que me ocupe de su abrigothey successfully relieve tourists of their cash [humorous]despluman a los turistas [humorous]to relieve somebody of responsibility for somethingeximir a alguien de la responsabilidad de algoif you could relieve me of some of the workloadsi pudieras ayudarme con parte del trabajoto relieve somebody of his/her duties/command
si pudieras hacerte cargo de parte del trabajorelevar a alguien de su cargo/del mandoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (dispel worry of)
- A teaspoon of oil added to a hot bath will also help to relieve muscular aches and pains.
- For years he had been taking them once a week, as a way of unwinding and relieving the aches and pains from the hard manual labor required by his landscaping business.
- Taken jointly, they prevent the progression of the disease, reduce inflammation, and relieve mild to severe pain.
- Shabby suburban streets are suddenly relieved by an almost strident red building, crisply detailed and well tended.
- Lack of open space to relieve hard-packed pavement and gap-toothed Main Streets drained by malls and sprawl sap the life from downtown.
- Placed in a wilderness of dark mountains, the scene is relieved by a flood of glaring light that holds the figures in a tableau of awful impact.
- She was relieved when he finally stopped the bike in front of Casey's.
- They walked deeper and deeper into the cemetery and finally, Al stopped and she was relieved.
- He was relieved when she finally broke the silence between them.
- His last hope of shoring up his flagging position was to relieve Richard's great fortress of Château-Gaillard, the key to Normandy, which Philip was besieging.
- The Red Army and navy attempted to relieve the city with a huge amphibious assault, the Kerch-Feodosiya operation, on 25 December.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.