Translation of replace in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (be, act as replacement for) nobody can ever replace you, my darlingnadie podrá nunca ocupar tu lugar, cariñoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (provide replacement for) See examples: she had to replace the cups she had broken
- This system has quietly been replaced at every studio with a deal that returns about 55% to the studios no matter what week of the run it is.
- When the play became a film, the entire original cast returned except for Tandy, who was replaced with Gone with the Wind's Vivien Leigh.
- Just a year later on, and following the departure of Dalley, replaced by Ros Murray, the band appear to return to some of their earlier instrumental sound with this third album.
incompetent managers are quickly replacedtuvo que reponer las tazas que había roto1.3 (change) the batteries need replacing every few monthslos directores incompetentes son sustituidos rápidamenteto replace somethingcada pocos meses hay que cambiar las pilas
- In China perhaps nationalism plays its most important role in replacing other elements in the official ideology that are having to be jettisoned to accommodate the effects of economic reform.
- Denzel Washington does his thing in the Sinatra role, replacing Frank's shaken-but-confident characterization with an unsure and frightened soul.
- What they have not said is that the particular foam that was in use at the time was an environmental substitute replacing a material that had worked well.
withsomethingthe frames were replaced with plastic onescambiar algo poralgoto replace a man with a machinecambiaron los marcos por unos de plásticosustituir or reemplazar a un hombre por una máquinaExample sentences
- One of the charter boats had to be replaced at the last minute because of a broken bilge pump.
- Although the broken window would still need to be replaced, the inner pane protects the building's interior from the fierce winds.
- Broken roof tiles should be replaced and broken windows should be repaired.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...