- [literary] in reposeen reposoExample sentences
- But those moments of rest and repose are important to feed the soul.
- It is desirable, at certain times of day or night, to look deeply at objects in repose: wheels that have run long dusty distances bearing great loads of vegetable or mineral, coal sacks, barrels, baskets, carpenters' hafts and helves.
- It is highly evocative, both in violent action and in repose.
- It is not the social disaster which we hark back to, but the emotive response - the existential repose and quietude with which men confronted their impending doom.
- The beginning of the poem images the self's divisions as the body pulls the speaker's ascending thoughts down from a scene of repose, tranquillity and safety.
- The placid look of his countenance never changed for an instant; his whole frame rested, uncontrolled, in perfect stillness and repose; not a muscle was seen to twitch.
- to repose something
insomebody/somethingdepositar algoto repose trust in somebody enalguien/algo [formal]depositar su ( or mi etc. ) confianza en alguienExample sentences
- I cannot here give references and authorities for my several statements; and I must trust to the reader reposing some confidence in my accuracy’.
- He refused to be dragged into unnecessary political controversy and instead reposed his trust in the discretion of his voters who all are celebrated writers drawn from 22 languages of India.
- just how little control you have over how other people will behave when you repose your trust in them!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.