- [literary/literario] reposo (masculine) in repose en reposoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- But those moments of rest and repose are important to feed the soul.
- It is desirable, at certain times of day or night, to look deeply at objects in repose: wheels that have run long dusty distances bearing great loads of vegetable or mineral, coal sacks, barrels, baskets, carpenters' hafts and helves.
- It is highly evocative, both in violent action and in repose.
- It is not the social disaster which we hark back to, but the emotive response - the existential repose and quietude with which men confronted their impending doom.
- The beginning of the poem images the self's divisions as the body pulls the speaker's ascending thoughts down from a scene of repose, tranquillity and safety.
- The placid look of his countenance never changed for an instant; his whole frame rested, uncontrolled, in perfect stillness and repose; not a muscle was seen to twitch.
- [literary/literario] reposar [literary/literario], descansar to repose
onsth descansar sobrealgo, apoyarse enalgoMore example sentences
- I cannot here give references and authorities for my several statements; and I must trust to the reader reposing some confidence in my accuracy’.
- He refused to be dragged into unnecessary political controversy and instead reposed his trust in the discretion of his voters who all are celebrated writers drawn from 22 languages of India.
- just how little control you have over how other people will behave when you repose your trust in them!