Translation of republican in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of a republic)Example sentences1.2
also: Republican(in US) the Republican Partyel Partido Republicano
- This burden threatened to sink the new republican government, indeed the whole democratic experiment.
- Their God could act providentially, and their religious beliefs helped to shape their faith in republican government and the natural law that, in their view, underlay its principles.
- For the Earls of Southampton and Essex and for many literate English Protestants, Venice was the model of republican government, the alternative to monarchy for disaffected subjects of Elizabeth.
- 1.1 (supporter of republic)republicano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2→ Republican Party
also: Republican(American English)republicano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)
- Third, the monarchists did not win the November 6 referendum: the republicans lost it.
- This position was anathema to traditional republicans, since it postulated that reform of the State was possible.
- Over the course of this comparison, it will also become clear that because Milton differs from the republicans on this issue, he also differs from them on other major issues.
Cultural Note: Republican Party
Uno de los dos principales partidos políticos de EEUU. Aunque el Partido Republicano fue fundado en 1854, por los que deseaban abolir la esclavitud, se considera más conservador que el Partido Demócrata → Democratic Party, el otro partido.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.