Translation of repulse in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- It was due to the fact that the disastrous Dieppe Raid of 1942 had led the Wehrmacht's 302nd Infantry Division, which had repulsed the attack, to draw up a how-not-to manual of coastal landings.
- Against all odds, they succeeded first in repulsing the original attack and then in holding the enemy at bay for almost two weeks while being besieged without re-supply.
- The festival to the Lady of the Realm, so the accounts go, was inaugurated after she extended her protection to a Vietnamese general who was repulsing an attack by the Cambodian enemy.
- Our analysis confirmed that many 1932 moviegoers were repulsed by the film, but whether that translated to even more negative attitudes toward people with disabilities is unclear.
- One is the audience of people who are obviously repulsed by these sort of images and people meant to be scared by it and that's the reason they're putting this tape up.
- I'm sure Straw Dogs is rather unpopular with the feminist community, and I find myself repulsed by the film for the same reason.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.