- 1.1 (distaste) [formal] repulsión (feminine)More example sentences1.2 [Physics/Física] repulsión (feminine)
More example sentences
- I think we have to distinguish those narratives which crudely manipulate fear or repulsion and disgust from that which Lovecraft correctly calls ‘the weird tale’.
- The mixture of repulsion, fear, fascination, and reassurance conjured up by Moki Snake Dance speaks to both the voyeuristic appeal of the ceremony and the comforting distance provided spectators by the moving picture apparatus.
- As an object of fascination and repulsion to the two men who represent the center of authority in their respective narratives, Carmen spells a threatening other, a dark figure that resists assimilation and endangers masculine power.
- Second, the sociological notion of a ‘field’ also evokes physics, which identifies vectors of attraction and repulsion associated with forces in a magnetic field.
- Scientists suggest electrostatic repulsion between ring particles may play a role, perhaps levitating finer particles above the main ring structure.
- The film details the dynamics of both their attraction to and repulsion from one another with an unusual degree of sensitivity.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.