Translation of repulsion in Spanish:
- 1.1 (distaste) [formal]Example sentences1.2 (Physics)
- I think we have to distinguish those narratives which crudely manipulate fear or repulsion and disgust from that which Lovecraft correctly calls ‘the weird tale’.
- The mixture of repulsion, fear, fascination, and reassurance conjured up by Moki Snake Dance speaks to both the voyeuristic appeal of the ceremony and the comforting distance provided spectators by the moving picture apparatus.
- As an object of fascination and repulsion to the two men who represent the center of authority in their respective narratives, Carmen spells a threatening other, a dark figure that resists assimilation and endangers masculine power.
- Second, the sociological notion of a ‘field’ also evokes physics, which identifies vectors of attraction and repulsion associated with forces in a magnetic field.
- Scientists suggest electrostatic repulsion between ring particles may play a role, perhaps levitating finer particles above the main ring structure.
- The film details the dynamics of both their attraction to and repulsion from one another with an unusual degree of sensitivity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the