Translation of resilience in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of person) capacidad (feminine) de recuperación, resistencia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of material) elasticidad (feminine)
- Poland's history has been marked by its resilience.
- However, the losses in market value are distributed unevenly, with some regions showing a surprising resilience to the market upheaval.
- The panicky reaction of players at the US Open betrayed their lack of resilience in the face of adversity.
- Polypropylene is being used more and more widely in the manufacture of carpeting due to its high resilience to wear and stain proof properties.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to