Translation of resolve in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (resoluteness)Example sentences
- Having taken our decision, this country will now pursue our aims with firm resolve and with determination.
- This will require our country to unite in steadfast determination and resolve.
- Very few of us have that firm resolve in ourselves to do what we are really passionate about.
- 2 countable (decision) she made a firm resolve to …tomó la decisión or determinación de …
hizo el firme propósito de …Example sentences
- A resolution does not carry any force of law; it expresses the resolve of a legislative body by drawing attention and awareness to an important subject.
- The successful outcome of this dispute will also serve as a warning to management who doubted the resolve of union members.
- Meanwhile the resolve of some 18,000 engineers and technical workers to continue walking the picket lines remains strong.
- 1.1 (clear up)(problem/difficulty)
aclararExample sentences1.2 (decide) to resolve to +
- Sometimes, the most vexed problems are resolved through simple solutions.
- It is a big concern but we are working very hard on a solution to try and resolve the matter before it goes to court.
- Through that approach, persons with a dispute in the civil court are given the opportunity to resolve the matter with solutions that they devise.
infinitiveresolver or decidir +she resolved to do it herself infinitiveresolvió or decidió hacerlo ella mismaExample sentences1.3 (Admin, Politics) 1.4 (Medicine)
Example sentences1.5 (Music)
- However, when he finally resolved on retreat a bizarre series of accidents enabled the Spaniards to occupy Bailén and cut off Dupont and a large portion of his army.
- And it was for that reason, because of all that fear, and want, and confusion, that I had eventually resolved on asking him to be friends.
- How can anger, or any other emotion or feeling, get someone to go against what they have deliberately resolved on doing?
- Giving capsules to children to resolve dietary deficiencies tells their families the problem is beyond their control.
- The first priority of the dentist is to alleviate pain and resolve infection.
- The patient was treated and the infection was resolved.
- Thus Skalkottas, although continuing the motivic development, follows the essential principle of traditional sonata form and resolves the previous harmonic tensions.
- Dissonant notes resolve in a conventional way, only to become part of an unexpected chord.
- Generally speaking, notes resolve in the direction of their inflection: upward- inflected notes resolve up, and downward-inflected notes resolve down.
- 1verb + object + preposition + object (light/force) (Physics)
- [formal]the committee resolved on a subsidy for the group
(issue/problem)2verb + preposition + object (Physics)
la comisión resolvió or decidió otorgar una subvención al grupohe resolved on completing the task alone
resolvió or decidió terminar el trabajo solo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.