Translation of resolve in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (resoluteness) resolución (feminine), determinación (feminine)Example sentences
- Having taken our decision, this country will now pursue our aims with firm resolve and with determination.
- This will require our country to unite in steadfast determination and resolve.
- Very few of us have that firm resolve in ourselves to do what we are really passionate about.
- 2 countable/numerable (decision) decisión (feminine), determinación (feminine) she made a firm resolve to … tomó la decisión or determinación de …, hizo el firme propósito de …Example sentences
- A resolution does not carry any force of law; it expresses the resolve of a legislative body by drawing attention and awareness to an important subject.
- The successful outcome of this dispute will also serve as a warning to management who doubted the resolve of union members.
- Meanwhile the resolve of some 18,000 engineers and technical workers to continue walking the picket lines remains strong.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (clear up) [problem/difficulty] resolver*; [doubt/misunderstanding] aclarar 1.2 (decide) resolver* to resolve to +
infinitive/infinitivoresolver* or decidir + infinitive/infinitivoshe resolved to do it herself resolvió or decidió hacerlo ella misma 1.3 [Admin] [Politics/Política] resolver*, acordar* 1.4 [Medicine/Medicina] [inflammation] resolver*, bajar 1.5 [Music/Música] [chord/note] resolver*
resolve into verb + object + preposition + object/verbo + complemento + preposición + complemento [light/force] [Physics/Física] descomponer* en; [issue/problem] dividir en 1.1verb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento [Physics/Física] descomponerse* en; [issue/problem] dividirse en
resolve onresolve upon verb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento [formal] the committee resolved on a subsidy for the group la comisión resolvió or decidió otorgar una subvención al grupo he resolved on completing the task alone resolvió or decidió terminar el trabajo solo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.