Translation of responsibility in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1.1 countable/numerable (task, duty) responsabilidad (feminine) that's her responsibility eso es responsabilidad suya the child is my responsibility el niño está bajo mi responsabilidad it's his responsibility to order the stationery él es el encargado de hacer los pedidos de papelería we have a responsibility toward our readers to … tenemos la responsabilidad or somos responsables ante nuestros lectores de … they're taking on a great responsibility están asumiendo una gran responsabilidad you have to face up to your responsibilities tienes que afrontar tus responsabilidadesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (authority, accountability) responsabilidad (feminine) the responsibility attached to the post la responsabilidad que conlleva el puesto I'm willing to take on more responsibility estoy dispuesto a asumir más responsabilidades to take responsibility for sth responsabilizarse* or encargarse* or hacerse* cargo de algo
- They have the responsibility to behave reasonably in the face of possible threats.
- Individuals had a moral responsibility to secure just rights for themselves and others.
- I think they have a moral responsibility to people.
- Actors need to adopt a wider set of roles and responsibilities, underpinned by regulation.
- Further official roles and responsibilities are being drawn up by the board.
- The table gives the main roles and responsibilities for research governance.
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (liability, blame) responsabilidad (feminine) he denied all responsibility in the matter negó toda responsabilidad en el asunto the responsibility was laid at his door lo hicieron responsable, lo culparon a él they took full responsibility for the disaster aceptaron ser responsables del desastre no terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the killings los asesinatos no han sido reivindicados por ningún grupo terrorista
- The President is constitutionally unable to accept blame or responsibility for anything which happens under his watch.
- But a minister should also be prepared to accept blame and responsibility for the mistakes and bungles made.
- And by setting up a demand that is impossible to fulfil, it replaces responsibility and accountability with blame.
Example sentences1.4 uncountable/no numerable (trustworthiness) responsabilidad (feminine), formalidad (feminine) she has a sense of responsibility tiene sentido de la responsabilidad, es formal
- Install a corporate ethics officer with real authority and independent reporting responsibility to the board.
- They were given both decision making power and responsibility.
- Such mutual independence supported by collective responsibility through state institutions seems like a good thing to me.
- So therefore, we have to take responsibility for controlling those powers we develop.
- The entire community has to take responsibility for preventing and dealing with victimization.
- The NEP is designed to encourage local communities to take responsibility for managing their own estuaries.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...