Translation of responsibility in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1.1 countable (task, duty) that's her responsibilitythe child is my responsibilityeso es responsabilidad suyait's his responsibility to order the stationeryel niño está bajo mi responsabilidadwe have a responsibility toward our readers to …él es el encargado de hacer los pedidos de papeleríathey're taking on a great responsibilitytenemos la responsabilidad or somos responsables ante nuestros lectores de …you have to face up to your responsibilitiesestán asumiendo una gran responsabilidadExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable (authority, accountability) the responsibility attached to the post
- They have the responsibility to behave reasonably in the face of possible threats.
- Individuals had a moral responsibility to secure just rights for themselves and others.
- I think they have a moral responsibility to people.
I'm willing to take on more responsibilityla responsabilidad que conlleva el puestoto take responsibility for somethingestoy dispuesto a asumir más responsabilidadesresponsabilizarse or encargarse or hacerse cargo de algoExample sentences
- Actors need to adopt a wider set of roles and responsibilities, underpinned by regulation.
- Further official roles and responsibilities are being drawn up by the board.
- The table gives the main roles and responsibilities for research governance.
Example sentences1.3 uncountable (liability, blame) he denied all responsibility in the matter
- The President is constitutionally unable to accept blame or responsibility for anything which happens under his watch.
- But a minister should also be prepared to accept blame and responsibility for the mistakes and bungles made.
- And by setting up a demand that is impossible to fulfil, it replaces responsibility and accountability with blame.
the responsibility was laid at his doornegó toda responsabilidad en el asuntothey took full responsibility for the disasterlo hicieron responsablelo culparon a élno terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the killingsaceptaron ser responsables del desastrelos asesinatos no han sido reivindicados por ningún grupo terroristaExample sentences1.4 uncountable (trustworthiness) she has a sense of responsibility
- Install a corporate ethics officer with real authority and independent reporting responsibility to the board.
- They were given both decision making power and responsibility.
- Such mutual independence supported by collective responsibility through state institutions seems like a good thing to me.
tiene sentido de la responsabilidades formal
- So therefore, we have to take responsibility for controlling those powers we develop.
- The entire community has to take responsibility for preventing and dealing with victimization.
- The NEP is designed to encourage local communities to take responsibility for managing their own estuaries.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the