- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (of democracy) restauración (f), reinstauración (f), restablecimiento (m); (of order, peace) restablecimiento (m) her restoration to full health will take time su total recuperación or restablecimiento llevará tiempo 1.2 (to throne, power) restauración (f), reinstauración (f) the Restoration [History/Historia] la Restauración (de la monarquía británica en 1660)More example sentences1.3 (of sth lost, stolen) [formal] restitución (feminine) [formal], devolución (feminine)
More example sentences
- The Directory tried to preserve the Revolution of 1789 - they opposed the restoration of the ancien regime as well as popular democracy.
- Second, by spreading revolutionary ideals and institutions, Napoleon made it impossible for the restoration of the ancien regime.
- The restoration of the monarchy brought political oblivion, then intermittent government harassment for the rest of his life.
More example sentences
- This project combines fire rehabilitation with watershed and ecosystem restoration on sites where loblolly pine has been ravaged by bugs and blight.
- The first phase of the park's restoration is now complete.
- He's unflinching on this: the restoration of his reputation is at stake.
- Moreover, Brazil represented a restoration of the comfort she had experienced only fleetingly as a child.
- I will continue to campaign for the restoration of the independent circumstances allowance, and work towards a living allowance for all students.
- When the Roosevelt administration took us off the gold standard in 1933, the bulk of the nation's economists opposed the move and advocated its speedy restoration.
- 2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (of building, painting) restauración (f); (of text, piece of music) reconstrucción (f)More example sentences
- As the owner of any old house will tell you, the repair and restoration of historic buildings is never cheap as it often demands special skills and expensive materials, and can involve hidden costs.
- After the flood of 1966, the S Ruffillo Altarpiece underwent restoration.
- The course of the rivulet of wine, from which a Bacchante is scooping a jugful, is confused, perhaps through the deterioration of the paint or through inept restoration.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...