Translation of restore in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (reestablish, bring back)(order/peace)
devolver(links/communications)good food and fresh air will restore your energy
restablecerla buena comida y el aire fresco te devolverán las energíasher sight was miraculously restoredrecuperó or recobró la vista milagrosamenteto restore somebody
tosomethingto restore a country to democratic governmentreinstaurar or restablecer la democracia en un paísthe coup restored him to powerel golpe lo colocó nuevamente en el poderto restore somebody to healthdevolverle la salud a alguiento restore something to lifehacer revivir algoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (give back) [formal]
- The Second Continental Congress long insisted that it was fighting only to restore English rights to the settlers under the traditional government of the empire.
- But while legislators can strengthen the system, Weill added, CEOs may play an even greater role in restoring the public's faith.
- Once again it seemed as if Fenwick had restored peace by holding to a strong position.
(goods/property)to restore something
- That is why I have returned to restore my clan to its glorious position that it once knew.
- Efforts are under way to introduce prescribed fires to restore pre-European savanna conditions.
- The need to restore royal authority, to return the realm to its condition in his grandfather's reign, was one of the main forces behind Henry II's reforms.
tosomebodyrestituir(le) algo aalguien [formal]Example sentences
- Data Availability becomes an issue when it takes hours to restore a lost/deleted file from an on-site backup tape.
- In 1052 Godwin's family engineered a successful return, forcing the king to restore their land and titles.
- While some paintings may be restored to their owners, others are damaged or never found.
- 2 (repair)(building/painting)to restore something to its former glory
restaurarrestituir algo a su antigua grandezaExample sentences
- The architects renovated the entire exterior and tried to restore the building's initial appearance.
- Its historic buildings have been largely restored, and trendy cafes, restaurants and boutiques are flourishing.
- An Taisce did not propose that the building be restored as a cinema, but believed it should continue to be a showroom or a restaurant.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.