Translation of restore in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (reestablish, bring back) [order/peace] restablecer*; [confidence/health] devolver*; [links/communications] restablecer*; [monarchy/king] restaurar, reinstaurar good food and fresh air will restore your energy la buena comida y el aire fresco te devolverán las energías her sight was miraculously restored recuperó or recobró la vista milagrosamenteto restore sb
tosth to restore a country to democratic government reinstaurar or restablecer* la democracia en un país the coup restored him to power el golpe lo colocó nuevamente en el poder to restore sb to health devolverle* la salud a algn to restore sth to life hacer* revivir algoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (give back) [formal] [goods/property] restituir* [formal]; [money] restituir* [formal], reintegrar [formal] to restore sth
- The Second Continental Congress long insisted that it was fighting only to restore English rights to the settlers under the traditional government of the empire.
- But while legislators can strengthen the system, Weill added, CEOs may play an even greater role in restoring the public's faith.
- Once again it seemed as if Fenwick had restored peace by holding to a strong position.
- That is why I have returned to restore my clan to its glorious position that it once knew.
- Efforts are under way to introduce prescribed fires to restore pre-European savanna conditions.
- The need to restore royal authority, to return the realm to its condition in his grandfather's reign, was one of the main forces behind Henry II's reforms.
tosb restituir(le)* algo aalgn [formal]Example sentences
- Data Availability becomes an issue when it takes hours to restore a lost/deleted file from an on-site backup tape.
- In 1052 Godwin's family engineered a successful return, forcing the king to restore their land and titles.
- While some paintings may be restored to their owners, others are damaged or never found.
- 2 (repair) [building/painting] restaurar to restore sth to its former glory restituir* algo a su antigua grandezaExample sentences
- The architects renovated the entire exterior and tried to restore the building's initial appearance.
- Its historic buildings have been largely restored, and trendy cafes, restaurants and boutiques are flourishing.
- An Taisce did not propose that the building be restored as a cinema, but believed it should continue to be a showroom or a restaurant.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.