- 1 1.1 (reestablish, bring back) [order/peace] restablecer*; [confidence/health] devolver*; [links/communications] restablecer*; [monarchy/king] restaurar, reinstaurar good food and fresh air will restore your energy la buena comida y el aire fresco te devolverán las energías her sight was miraculously restored recuperó or recobró la vista milagrosamenteto restore sb
tosth to restore a country to democratic government reinstaurar or restablecer* la democracia en un país the coup restored him to power el golpe lo colocó nuevamente en el poder to restore sb to health devolverle* la salud a algn to restore sth to life hacer* revivir algoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (give back) [formal] [goods/property] restituir* [formal]; [money] restituir* [formal], reintegrar [formal] to restore sth
- The Second Continental Congress long insisted that it was fighting only to restore English rights to the settlers under the traditional government of the empire.
- But while legislators can strengthen the system, Weill added, CEOs may play an even greater role in restoring the public's faith.
- Once again it seemed as if Fenwick had restored peace by holding to a strong position.
- That is why I have returned to restore my clan to its glorious position that it once knew.
- Efforts are under way to introduce prescribed fires to restore pre-European savanna conditions.
- The need to restore royal authority, to return the realm to its condition in his grandfather's reign, was one of the main forces behind Henry II's reforms.
tosb restituir(le)* algo aalgn [formal]More example sentences
- Data Availability becomes an issue when it takes hours to restore a lost/deleted file from an on-site backup tape.
- In 1052 Godwin's family engineered a successful return, forcing the king to restore their land and titles.
- While some paintings may be restored to their owners, others are damaged or never found.
- 2 (repair) [building/painting] restaurar to restore sth to its former glory restituir* algo a su antigua grandezaMore example sentences
- The architects renovated the entire exterior and tried to restore the building's initial appearance.
- Its historic buildings have been largely restored, and trendy cafes, restaurants and boutiques are flourishing.
- An Taisce did not propose that the building be restored as a cinema, but believed it should continue to be a showroom or a restaurant.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...