Translation of retirement in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable(from the military) retiro (masculine)he took up pottery in his retirementcuando se jubiló empezó a hacer cerámicaearly/compulsory retirementjubilación anticipada/obligatoriahe took early retirementse jubiló anticipadamentehe's coming up to or for retirementle falta poco para jubilarseshe went into retirement after the Olympic Gamesse retiró después de las Olimpíadasthe old engines were brought out of retirementvolvieron a poner en servicio los viejos motores(Military)retirement benefit
edad (feminine) de retiroprestación (feminine) por jubilaciónExample sentences
- Many members were retired or nearing retirement and interested in seeing the co-op's assets sold so that they could get their share of the proceeds.
- Typically, the owners are people nearing retirement who've spent two or three decades building their businesses with tender loving care.
- Baby boomers nearing retirement are spurring demand for fixed-income securities.
- 2 uncountable and countable (from race, match)Example sentences
- First Gary Kasparov, on anybody's short list of the greatest players of all time, announced his retirement from competitive play earlier this year.
- A week ago, champion Lennox Lewis, age 38, announced his retirement.
- The national fascination with Bradman did not cease with his retirement from the field of play; and it shows no sign of abating.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.