Translation of retirement in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (from job)(from the military) retiro (masculine)he took up pottery in his retirementcuando se jubiló empezó a hacer cerámicaearly/compulsory retirementjubilación anticipada/obligatoriahe took early retirementse jubiló anticipadamentehe's coming up to o for retirementle falta poco para jubilarseshe went into retirement after the Olympic Gamesse retiró después de las Olimpíadasthe old engines were brought out of retirementvolvieron a poner en servicio los viejos motores(Military)retirement benefit
edad (feminine) de retiroprestación (feminine) por jubilaciónExample sentences
- Many members were retired or nearing retirement and interested in seeing the co-op's assets sold so that they could get their share of the proceeds.
- Typically, the owners are people nearing retirement who've spent two or three decades building their businesses with tender loving care.
- Baby boomers nearing retirement are spurring demand for fixed-income securities.
- 2 uncountable or countable (from race, match)Example sentences
- First Gary Kasparov, on anybody's short list of the greatest players of all time, announced his retirement from competitive play earlier this year.
- A week ago, champion Lennox Lewis, age 38, announced his retirement.
- The national fascination with Bradman did not cease with his retirement from the field of play; and it shows no sign of abating.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.