Translation of retirement in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (from job)(from the military)he took up pottery in his retirementearly/compulsory retirementcuando se jubiló empezó a hacer cerámicahe took early retirementjubilación anticipada/obligatoriahe's coming up to o for retirementse jubiló anticipadamenteshe went into retirement after the Olympic Gamesle falta poco para jubilarsethe old engines were brought out of retirementse retiró después de las Olimpíadasvolvieron a poner en servicio los viejos motores(Military)retirement benefitedad (feminine) de retiroprestación (feminine) por jubilaciónExample sentences1.2 uncountable and countable (from race, match)
Example sentences1.3 uncountable (of troops)
- Many members were retired or nearing retirement and interested in seeing the co-op's assets sold so that they could get their share of the proceeds.
- Typically, the owners are people nearing retirement who've spent two or three decades building their businesses with tender loving care.
- Baby boomers nearing retirement are spurring demand for fixed-income securities.
- First Gary Kasparov, on anybody's short list of the greatest players of all time, announced his retirement from competitive play earlier this year.
- A week ago, champion Lennox Lewis, age 38, announced his retirement.
- The national fascination with Bradman did not cease with his retirement from the field of play; and it shows no sign of abating.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...