- 1.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (from job) jubilación (f), retiro (m); (from the military) retiro (m) he took up pottery in his retirement cuando se jubiló empezó a hacer cerámica early/compulsory retirement jubilación anticipada/obligatoria he took early retirement se jubiló anticipadamente he's coming up to o for retirement le falta poco para jubilarse she went into retirement after the Olympic Games se retiró después de las Olimpíadas the old engines were brought out of retirement volvieron a poner en servicio los viejos motores (before noun/delante del nombre) retirement age edad (feminine) para jubilarse [Military/Militar] edad (feminine) de retiro retirement benefit prestación (feminine) por jubilación retirement community (American English/inglés norteamericano) complejo habitacional para jubiladosMore example sentences1.2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (from race, match) abandono (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (of troops) retirada (f), repliegue (m)
- Many members were retired or nearing retirement and interested in seeing the co-op's assets sold so that they could get their share of the proceeds.
- Typically, the owners are people nearing retirement who've spent two or three decades building their businesses with tender loving care.
- Baby boomers nearing retirement are spurring demand for fixed-income securities.
- First Gary Kasparov, on anybody's short list of the greatest players of all time, announced his retirement from competitive play earlier this year.
- A week ago, champion Lennox Lewis, age 38, announced his retirement.
- The national fascination with Bradman did not cease with his retirement from the field of play; and it shows no sign of abating.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.