The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.
- 1.1 (disclose, make known) [secret/fact/identity/truth] revelar, desvelar, develar (AmL) I didn't want to reveal my ignorance no quise poner de manifiesto mi ignorancia be patient and all will be revealed [set phrase] ten paciencia que ya te enterarás to reveal sth
tosb revelarle algo aalgnto reveal sth/sb assth the structure was revealed as (being) unsafe se puso de manifiesto que la estructura no era segura this revealed him to us as a coward/hero esto nos demostró que era un cobarde/héroeMore example sentences1.2 (bring to view) dejar ver the door opened to reveal an untidy kitchen se abrió la puerta dejando ver una cocina desordenada the deep scar on her cheek was revealed la profunda cicatriz que tenía en la mejilla quedó al descubierto
More example sentences1.3
- Hastie was previously reluctant to reveal details of the contracts until he was sure the company had a secure future.
- The latest court filing reveals Intel has until 6 September to respond the complaint.
- I call on the Government to publish its secret report revealing just how much the sheep ID scheme will cost farmers.
(revealed past p)[Relig] [religion/truth] reveladoMore example sentences
- It conceals only superficially, for it can allow us to reveal our true self.
- He lifted his eyes to the sky that had begun to clear, revealing blue sky.
- His fears are confirmed when he spies a curious Post-It note on the fridge revealing an unfinished game of hangman.
- The Gospel of John reveals this divine aspect of Christ's ministry - His deity.
- You have dared to imprint us with your own image knowing that we are only human, inviting us to be fully human by revealing your presence in us to everyone we meet.
- For him it was a means of revealing the divine principle and concretizing a personal vision of the Supreme Being that had been vouchsafed to him.