Translation of rheumatic in Spanish:
- [joints/hands] reumático she's rheumatic sufre de reuma or (especially Spain/especialmente España) reúmaExample sentences
- Nearly two decades after declaring the year 1984 as the year of the rheumatic child, infections due to GAS are still prevalent in India.
- Instead, it was claimed that aspirin was ‘discovered’ by an ‘Aryan’ scientist, Felix Hoffman, to alleviate the sufferings of his rheumatic father.
- The discovery of aspirin is customarily said to have resulted from Felix Hoffmann's rheumatic father encouraging his son to produce a medicine devoid of the unpleasant effects of sodium salicylate.
- 1.1 (person) reumático, (masculine, feminine) 1.2(rheumatics plural)(British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], reuma (masculine), reúma (masculine) (especially Spain/especialmente España)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the