Translation of rinse in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (wash) [cutlery/hands] enjuagar*; [rice/mushrooms] lavar rinse the tealeaves down the sink echa las hojas de té por el desagüe y deja correr el aguaExample sentences1.2 (to remove soap) [clothes/hair] enjuagar* or (Spain/España) , aclarar; [dishes] enjuagar*
- Quickly, Darren rinsed out his glass and stood by up the fridge, waiting for his father.
- Then I gulped down my lukewarm milk, rinsed out the glass in the sink, drank two cups of cold water, and rinsed the glass a final time before heading out into the living room.
- I rose quickly from my chair and rinsed out my bowl.
- Wash the face piece in detergent and water, rinse it thoroughly, and dry it in a well-ventilated area.
- Thoroughly rinse the tank with clean water for a minimum of 5 minutes, flushing water through the boom and hoses.
- She ran the faucet one last time and ran her hands under the stream of water, rinsing them clean of the variety of juices from the messy food.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (wash) enjuague (masculine) to give sth a rinse enjuagar* algo, darle* un enjuague a algo 1.2 (to remove soap — from clothes) enjuague (masculine) or (Spain/España) aclarado (masculine); (— from dishes) enjuague (masculine) 1.3 (tint) tintura (feminine) ([ no permanente ]) she's had a blue rinse se ha dado reflejos azules
rinse downverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento enjuagar*
rinse offverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 [suds/dirt] quitar 1.2 [plate] enjuagar*
rinse outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 [clothes] (to remove soap) enjuagar* or (Spain/España) aclarar; [cups/pans] enjuagar* to rinse out one's mouth enjuagarse* la boca 1.2 [dirt/soap/shampoo] quitar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...