Translation of riposte in Spanish:
- 1.1 (retort) [formal] réplica (feminine) [formal]Example sentences1.2 (in fencing) estocada (feminine)
- The dialogue, too, feels like piecework, as if the bons mots and ripostes have been assembled from a library of index cards.
- One-liners were bouncing around my head, ripostes to every single barb, especially those from the fat bloke.
- Could the woman who repackaged star quality for the post-Vietnam age do what any successful talk show host has to: pretend to listen to other people while thinking up witty ripostes?
- Forcing the blade aside, he delivered a crushing riposte, thrusting with his weapon towards his midriff.
- His every thrust was blocked or parried, and the riposte that followed each left him with another leaking wound.
- Lex parried his father's attacks without trying too hard and pressed his own ripostes well.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.