- 1.1 (retort) [formal] réplica (f) [formal]More example sentences1.2 (in fencing) estocada (f)
More example sentences
- The dialogue, too, feels like piecework, as if the bons mots and ripostes have been assembled from a library of index cards.
- One-liners were bouncing around my head, ripostes to every single barb, especially those from the fat bloke.
- Could the woman who repackaged star quality for the post-Vietnam age do what any successful talk show host has to: pretend to listen to other people while thinking up witty ripostes?
- Forcing the blade aside, he delivered a crushing riposte, thrusting with his weapon towards his midriff.
- His every thrust was blocked or parried, and the riposte that followed each left him with another leaking wound.
- Lex parried his father's attacks without trying too hard and pressed his own ripostes well.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.