- 1.1 (retort) [formal] réplica (f) [formal]More example sentences1.2 (in fencing) estocada (f)
More example sentences
- The dialogue, too, feels like piecework, as if the bons mots and ripostes have been assembled from a library of index cards.
- One-liners were bouncing around my head, ripostes to every single barb, especially those from the fat bloke.
- Could the woman who repackaged star quality for the post-Vietnam age do what any successful talk show host has to: pretend to listen to other people while thinking up witty ripostes?
- Forcing the blade aside, he delivered a crushing riposte, thrusting with his weapon towards his midriff.
- His every thrust was blocked or parried, and the riposte that followed each left him with another leaking wound.
- Lex parried his father's attacks without trying too hard and pressed his own ripostes well.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)