Translation of riposte in Spanish:
- 1.1 (retort) [formal] réplica (feminine) [formal]Example sentences1.2 (in fencing) estocada (feminine)
- The dialogue, too, feels like piecework, as if the bons mots and ripostes have been assembled from a library of index cards.
- One-liners were bouncing around my head, ripostes to every single barb, especially those from the fat bloke.
- Could the woman who repackaged star quality for the post-Vietnam age do what any successful talk show host has to: pretend to listen to other people while thinking up witty ripostes?
- Forcing the blade aside, he delivered a crushing riposte, thrusting with his weapon towards his midriff.
- His every thrust was blocked or parried, and the riposte that followed each left him with another leaking wound.
- Lex parried his father's attacks without trying too hard and pressed his own ripostes well.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.