Translation of rosy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (rosier, rosiest)
- [cheeks] sonrosado; [prospects/outlook] halagüeño, optimistaExample sentences
- The sun turned his skin a lovely rosy pink color.
- Her skin was rosy from the sun's prolonged touch, and her short, feathery hair was limp.
- As if on cue, my face bloomed into a deep rosy pink.
- At some point, and it will probably be sooner than the current rosy forecasts suggest, the on-line ad market will take a dip.
- Management keeps making rosy promises it can't keep and issuing financial forecasts it can't meet, they say.
- The cheery optimism that produced those rosy budget surplus forecasts of yesteryear is long gone.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas