Translation of ruddy in Spanish:
adjective -dier, -diest
- 1 (reddish)(cheeks/complexion/face)(glow/light/sunset/sky)Example sentences
- The guard's ruddy face flushed and he looked away.
- Brown eyes stare back at me from beneath black eyebrows above a ruddy face framed by thick black hair which melts into a long, well-groomed beard.
- I guess my face was all ruddy and my black hair covered in snow and ice even below the fur-hat, but I wasn't paying any attention to that.
- Camp was set up in short order and soon a blazing fire lit the face of the edifice in a ruddy, wavering light.
- His immediate impression was one of stifling heat and dim ruddy red light.
- The desert coast gave way to the low palms of the Nile delta, and the sea turned ruddy from the fresh water flow of the great river.
- 2 where's my ruddy wallet?that was a ruddy stupid thing to do (as adverb)¿dónde está mi maldita or condenada billetera? [colloquial]fue una solemne estupidezExample sentences
- On the same basis, skiers should be warned that those plank things on their feet could cause them to slide downhill rather rapidly and hangmen that their gallows were a bit unsafe because of that ruddy great trapdoor.
- I says to him, 'I'm not answering your bloody questions,' I says, 'I've already told your girl out there, I'm not going to ruddy St Mary's and that's that.'
- ‘If anything's broken, I'm telling you, you can ruddy well pay for it’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.